• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Capitol Times letter to Editor

buster81

B

Bikenut

imported post

NigNog wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
You ridicule gun owners/carriers for doing what you don't have the courage to do.... stand on your own two feet without worrying about being accepted by those around you.
How revealing that, out of my entire response to you, you chose that snippet to respond to.

I don't worry about acceptance. I worry about the motives of others. I do carry. I do not make a public statement outof it. If you choose to, that's your perogative. If it is the prerogative to choose why do you ridicule that choice? And why are you worried about the motives of others? Are you afraid of someone who carries a gun in plain sight? Why? Does the sight of someone who is confident with themselves and their rights point out to you your own lack of confidence? Don't bill it as anything other than what it is, a public statement. Wrong... others have pointed out the advantages of open carry vs concealed carry in certain circumstances. The fact that YOU perceive it as always a public statement says more about you than it does about the open carrier... There's an important need to separate the motive of simple self-defense vs. the motive behind open carrying - they are worlds apart. Really? Could the motive for open carry be simple self defense? Apparently you think open carry is always a public statement directly related to the lack of self esteem and the need to make a public statement. Open carry is a subset of self-defense, it is not self-defense in and of itself. Concealed carry is also a sub set of self defense. Neither open carry nor concealed carry is the end all be all perfect method to carry. Yet both have advantages... and disadvantages... according to circumstances/situations. Which is why it is a "choice" where legal. Open carry is a public statement. Open carry is a method of self-defense which allows you to make a public statement. Do you follow? Do not bill it as other than what it is. Its purpose is to make a statement. Whether that statement is "I have rights" or "Look at me, I'm a badass" depends on the individual. Many here are confused and equate open carry with self-defense, that's a misnomer.

Open carry can be a public statement of "rights" (which, by the way, is also a valid reason to open carry... regardless of your disagreement with that)... it could be someone trying to impress others with their "badassery".. it also is a valid (whether you wish to acknowledge it or not) method of carrying a gun for self defense purposes.

And... just because you have decided to carry concealed doesn't mean your choice is perfect for everyone else. Just because you do not agree with the carry choices of others does not give you the right to ridicule those choices. There is a vast difference between civil discussion about the pros and cons of an issue and outright ridicule. Civil discussion begets exchanges of ideas, concerns, facts, and the opportunity to change minds... ridicule begets more ridicule. So far I don't see any civil discussion from you Sir... only sermons from the mount.

Also... when you deride fellow gun owners/carriers for their choices... legal choices... you are actively helping the anti gun agenda. Do YOU follow?

B

Bikenut

imported post

NigNog wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
NigNog wrote:
I meant exactly what I said. Your racism is showing - I'm not black.
I am allowed to be racist and I know what the word really means. No one has suggested that you are anything other than transparent.

You are allowed to be racist, and I am allowed to call you as you are: an ignorant racist. You're a shining example of what's wrong with this movement and the deeplyingrained racism it suffers from. I wouldn't expect much else from the evangelical right.
NigNog.... that response is straight out of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. You have outed yourself Sir. And I was just beginning to enjoy playing the game. Sad really.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NigNog wrote:
Open carry is a public statement. Open carry is a method of self-defense which allows you to make a public statement. Do you follow? Do not bill it as other than what it is. Its purpose is to make a statement. Whether that statement is "I have rights" or "Look at me, I'm a badass" depends on the individual. Many here are confused and equate open carry with self-defense, that's a misnomer.
You contradict yourself, sir.

First you say that OC "IS a method of self-defense" then turn around and claim that equating OC with self-defense is a misnomer.

Who's confused????? :lol:

hopnpop

imported post

NigNog wrote:
The gun symbolizes all the self-esteem and self-confidence you don't have. It makes you feel special when you otherwise don't. It makes people fear you when they'd otherwise laugh at you. The gun is everything you are not. Get it now?
stop.gif

For the record, not that I think NigNog gives a crap, I'm quite offended by your broad generalizations. You say something like "you're a shining example of what's wrong with this movement" as tho you're the posterchild for it. From where I stand, you're not even a supporter, so how dare you point your finger at someone and say they're part of the problem? People like YOU, sir, are part of the problem.

I don't know where you get your emotional non-intellect, but I believe your comments on self-esteem, self-confidence, feeling special,being feared, and being laughed at - are all far from accurate. I wear my pistol for logical, sensible reasons which have nothing to do with feeling or emotion. I carry because it's the right tool for a job I hope I'm never faced with. I equate my carriage of a pistol to wearing a seatbelt. Even if we had no seatbelt law, I'd still wear mine because it's aprovenly effective life-saving device. I put it on everyday, knowing that the chances of me needing it are quite minimal, but if the unlikely happens, my wearing it will greatly increase my chances of survival. The exact same principal applies to the carry of a firearm.

On open carry vs. concealed, it's my perrogative. When wearing more than a t-shirt above the waist, I normally conceal. When the weather's nice and warm, I openly carry for comfort. I sometimes openly carry to promote the knowledge if its legality. I shouldn't have to justify the open carriage of a pistol to anyone by the likes of you, but your closed-minded perspective of why people openly carry is contradictory to mine, which prompts me to reply. I have no intention of debating with you and I don't think I have anything more to convey to you, other than possibly some explitives that may pop out the longer I see you posting here. In fact, I don't see how your posting(s) here does anything for any cause, other than possibly satisfying some personal need to irritate strangers from the safety of your living room.

Lastly, you posted: "If you missed the other thread that contained my operating logic, don't respond to my comments in this one."

You're posting on this thread. Do you expect anyone todig thru your posts in other threads before replying tosomething stupid you said in this one? You seem to be a little full of yourself. You're not worth the clicking. Now, if you'd kindly piss off.
thank_you2.gif

Gordie

imported post

NigNog wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
NigNog wrote:
I am allowed to be racist and I know what the word really means. No one has suggested that you are anything other than transparent.

You are allowed to be racist, and I am allowed to call you as you are: an ignorant racist. You're a shining example of what's wrong with this movement and the deeplyingrained racism it suffers from. I wouldn't expect much else from the evangelical right.

NigNog, you have shown yourself to be prejudiced and bigoted. You make the accusation that Doug is from the "evangelical right", I don't recall him ever saying what his spiritual beliefs, if any, are. You assume,due toyour own preconceived notions and beliefs, not from any evidence presented here, that Doug is an evangelical.Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Either way, I haven't seen any evidence displayed here one way or the other.

As a person that would be from the evangelical right, I can say that it is my belief that racism is a sign of ignorance and/or stupidity, and should never be tolerated by polite company.

Why would you even bring religion into this discussion? It has nothing to do with this thread. By doing so you have shown your own prejudice against those of faith.

Since you brought it up, in the Bible, race usuallyreferred toreligious belief or nation of origin, not skin color. In a Biblical context, you have shown yourself to be a racist. Please take your ignorance, and/or stupidity somewhere else.

KansasMustang

imported post

NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Why would "Gun folks" want to keep and bear something that symbolizes "everything they are not"? We wouldn't. It's anti-gun folks that fear the sight or existance of guns.
The gun symbolizes all the self-esteem and self-confidence you don't have. It makes you feel special when you otherwise don't. It makes people fear you when they'd otherwise laugh at you. The gun is everything you are not. Get it now?
The WEAPON represents that I have the gonads to protect myself and my family. You obviously have been gelded and led down the primrose path that the government will protect you. You have neither the courage nor the understanding that my life and my self determination are MY responsibility, not some "government official"

Might I suggest you read at least the Deckaration of Independence and the Constitution, that is if you can read and get back to me on exactly what part of "The right of the people shall NOT be infringed" that you don't understand?

Of course, I'm arguing with an idiot but I'm armed with the TRUTH

You say you carry, I bet you don't because of the way you attack others. I think therefore you are a troll of the nth magnitude.

suntzu

imported post

all I can do is simply shake my head in disbelief every time I read :cuss: like that guy wrote. If he does not like my country then he can feel free to leave and not let the door slam him in the ________ on the way out.

People like that would be easily enslaved by a godless tyrannical government.

suntzu

imported post

NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Why would "Gun folks" want to keep and bear something that symbolizes "everything they are not"? We wouldn't. It's anti-gun folks that fear the sight or existance of guns.
you are a liberal who feels compelled to hide behind and totally depend on people with big guns to protect you, because you are unwilling to take the responsibility for your own safety--right?

NigNog

Banned
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
NigNog wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
NigNog wrote:

NigNog.... that response is straight out of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. You have outed yourself Sir. And I was just beginning to enjoy playing the game. Sad really.

Never heard of him.

Hitler shit on a toilet. You probably shit on a toilet too. You must be a Hitler disciple. I love fabricating ridiculous connections!

NigNog

Banned
imported post

hopnpop wrote:
NigNog wrote:
stop.gif

For the record, not that I think NigNog gives a crap, I'm quite offended by your broad generalizations. You say something like "you're a shining example of what's wrong with this movement" as tho you're the posterchild for it. From where I stand, you're not even a supporter, so how dare you point your finger at someone and say they're part of the problem? People like YOU, sir, are part of the problem.

I don't know where you get your emotional non-intellect, but I believe your comments on self-esteem, self-confidence, feeling special,being feared, and being laughed at - are all far from accurate. I wear my pistol for logical, sensible reasons which have nothing to do with feeling or emotion. I carry because it's the right tool for a job I hope I'm never faced with. I equate my carriage of a pistol to wearing a seatbelt.

Ah, so you DO wear your seat belt. Had you been paying attention, that excludes you from the group I was lambasting.

Now, go back and read - try to comprehend this time.

No where did I make absolute statements covering ALL gun owners.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

Gordie wrote:
NigNog wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
NigNog wrote:

NigNog, you have shown yourself to be prejudiced and bigoted. You make the accusation that Doug is from the "evangelical right", I don't recall him ever saying what his spiritual beliefs, if any, are. You assume,due toyour own preconceived notions and beliefs, not from any evidence presented here, that Doug is an evangelical.

Ahh... but you're wrong. Dougie has, in fact, stated (or strongly suggested) his religious views on multiple occasions.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
The WEAPON represents that I have the gonads to protect myself and my family. You obviously have been gelded and led down the primrose path that the government will protect you. You have neither the courage nor the understanding that my life and my self determination are MY responsibility, not some "government official"

Ah... yet another ignorant binary thinker. A black and white world is easier to handle, I suppose.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

suntzu wrote:
NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
you are a liberal who feels compelled to hide behind and totally depend on people with big guns to protect you, because you are unwilling to take the responsibility for your own safety--right?

Wrong. Read my posts before responding, it'll save you the whole foot in your mouth thing.

suntzu

imported post

NigNog wrote:
suntzu wrote:
NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Wrong. Read my posts before responding, it'll save you the whole foot in your mouth thing.
I read your posts-they made me want to throw up. I stand behind what I said--you are a liberal who hates the thought of individuals carrying guns, let alone carrying them openly. You, also feel the need to hide behind LE and depend on them to protect you.

Now take your trolling to another site.

NigNog

Banned
imported post

suntzu wrote:
NigNog wrote:
suntzu wrote:
NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

sorry, I had problems reading your posts--I wanted to heave when I read them, so I had to stop reading your liberal anti-gun rantings--and you are a liberal who opposes gun ownership, and you are indeed a bigoted individual--at least where gun owners are concerned. You also feel this incessant need to hide behind LE when things go bump in the night--easier to let someone else fight your battles though isn't it?

You are a troll.

LOL You can't argue with the ignorant. Binary thinking is the only way of life many people know. Sad, but true.

suntzu

imported post

NigNog wrote:
suntzu wrote:
NigNog wrote:
suntzu wrote:
NigNog wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

sorry, I had problems reading your posts--I wanted to heave when I read them, so I had to stop reading your liberal anti-gun rantings--and you are a liberal who opposes gun ownership, and you are indeed a bigoted individual--at least where gun owners are concerned. You also feel this incessant need to hide behind LE when things go bump in the night--easier to let someone else fight your battles though isn't it?

You are a troll.

LOL You can't argue with the ignorant. Binary thinking is the only way of life many people know. Sad, but true.
I know how hard it is to argue with the ignorant of society who listen to the brady bunch and depend on their government to do their thinking for them--so I think, considering you are probably as ignorant as you sound--that I shall simply ignore you, and hopefully this thread will die and you will get tired of people ignoring you and you, like the trolls who came before you will simply leave and find some other site more suitable to your liberal thinking.