• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Somerset Collection

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
I've never been kicked out of Oakland mall, but then I don't know that they are explicitly OC friendly either.

i do know people have been asked to leave oakland mall for open carrying. if i'm not mistaken, they have one of those well-hidden codes of conduct that prohibit weapons. but of course the best way is to go about your business until asked to leave. i have open carried in the sears at oakland mall, but not in the rest of the mall.

fozzy71

i do know people have been asked to leave oakland mall for open carrying. if i'm not mistaken, they have one of those well-hidden codes of conduct that prohibit weapons. but of course the best way is to go about your business until asked to leave. i have open carried in the sears at oakland mall, but not in the rest of the mall.

afaik Oakland Mall does not allow OC but I have never been in the main part of the mall. I have OC'd at the Kohls there numerous times without issues/questions.

Michigander

Evil Creamsicle and I have OC'd in the entire thing many times by ourselves, and several times when there together, including many times walking past security guards that saw us. I would definitely discontinue the practice if told by an employee or shown documented proof that they don't want us there, but as of yet I have not seen that.

fozzy71

apologies for bumping an old thread

Evil Creamsicle and I have OC'd in the entire thing many times by ourselves, and several times when there together, including many times walking past security guards that saw us. I would definitely discontinue the practice if told by an employee or shown documented proof that they don't want us there, but as of yet I have not seen that.

I went here the other day to do some walking and didn't see a sign at the main entrance I walked in to but after about a half hour (appendix owb but had a coat on) noticed their sign of rules at the far east entrance on the south side and the first rule was no weapons of any kind.