Thread: going to vermont saturday!

Post imported post

just wanted to make sure............you DONOT need a CCW to conceal in VT? eventhough im from Maine? lol dont wanna cross over the boarder, conceal then go to jail for it :-D that would suck lol

Post imported post

Law abiding citizen. Not looking for trouble. OC or CC.

You're fine.

Post imported post

WheelGun wrote:
    Law abiding citizen. Not looking for trouble. OC or CC.

You're fine.
    nice, i OC here in maine, the town i live in has a very OC freindly PD, but i just wanted to make sure i could CC in vermont seeing as im going to meet my fiances grandparents for the 1st time :-p dont wanna scare them with OC'ing lol

Post imported post

so i CC'd AND OC'ed in springfield today, got stopped my a local officer............because he wanted to point out we have the same gun on our hip............are vermont cops always this awesome when it comes to OC? lol

Post imported post

Jay, so glad to hear you had a possitive experience in Vermont!

Im in Vt at least one weekend a month and always bring my gun(s). I must admit however, that ive yet to OC, but CC almost always. I give you and every other OC'er credit. I guess ive just been hesitant to OC. This probably has to do with my mind set being from NY (anti's) and i spend most of my time near Rutland, Vt and they (RPD) are supposedly anti OC or CC and i dont want to have issues. However, its a State Law, so for RPD to try and enforce and regulate OC and CC, they are overstepping their boundaries. One of this days ill grow a set and OC lol.

I love Vermont and always look forward to getting up there and away from NY for as long as possible. Vt is just all around a better place to be in my opinion. Its cleaner, friendlier, laid back and a pretty place to be.

Post imported post

i liked it enough that my fiance and I are currently looking for housing in VT........i've always loved living in Maine, but once i saw how beautiful vermont was, and what a gun friendly place it is.........we decided to up and move there!

Post imported post

Wow, good for you and your fiance! I cant say im not jealous lol.

My plan is to one day buy either a house or at least property in Vermont. I absolutely love it there, as does my wife. If i didnt have a good job with time vested in NY, id seriously consider re-locating to Vt.

Best of luck to you in the house hunt. I dont know how Maine is, but you get alot for your $ as far as houses/property in Vermont (at least compared to NY).

Post imported post

the best part is she says if we move to VT, i can buy as many firearms as i wish haha, only reason my collection rests at 23 right now is Maine gun laws, but once we are in VT.........the sky is the limit woohoo!

Post imported post

Where in VT are you guys looking???

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    the best part is she says if we move to VT, i can buy as many firearms as i wish haha, only reason my collection rests at 23 right now is Maine gun laws, but once we are in VT.........the sky is the limit woohoo!
    Maine has limits?

Post imported post

not on how many you can own persay, if you own a buttload in maine the ATF gets really nosey........and you can only buy 2 at a time without filling out some bull crap ATF paperwork............vermont you can buy 70 at once and they wont say bunk haha

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    not on how many you can own persay, if you own a buttload in maine the ATF gets really nosey........and you can only buy 2 at a time without filling out some bull crap ATF paperwork............vermont you can buy 70 at once and they wont say bunk haha
    If you buy more than 1 handgun from any FFL in a five day period, they will report it to the ATF. That's not a ME/VT thing, it's an ATF thing.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#f5
    If you sell or dispose of more than one handgun to any non-licensee during a period of 5 consecutive business days, the sale must be reported on ATF Form 3310.4, Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers, not later than the close of the business day on which you sold or disposed of the second handgun. The licensee must forward a copy of the Form 3310.4 to the ATF office specified thereon, and another copy must be forwarded to the State police or local law enforcement agency where the sale occurred. A copy of the Form 3310.4 also must be attached to the firearms transaction record, ATF Form 4473, documenting the sale or disposition of the second handgun.

Post imported post

true but i've also been visited by the ATF here in maine and have been questioned on how many i actualy own. the local PD also asked if they could borrow some if the SHTF..........*eyeroll* i know that was just a tactic to see my hardware haha i didnt let em see anything lol

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    true but i've also been visited by the ATF here in maine and have been questioned on how many i actualy own. the local PD also asked if they could borrow some if the SHTF..........*eyeroll* i know that was just a tactic to see my hardware haha i didnt let em see anything lol
    If the ATF had no warrant, you tell them to leave and say nothing more.

Post imported post

thats the creepy part. they actualy did have a warrent. apprently they dont like it when you have more and better hardware than them lmao

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    thats the creepy part. they actualy did have a warrent. apprently they dont like it when you have more and better hardware than them lmao
    Are you sure they had a warrant? You saw it and read it?

Post imported post

yep, i had a local officer at my home for a B&E the day before, he saw 8 gun safes aganst the wall, next day ATF showed up with a warrant and wanted me to open all the safes to check if any were auto, and i have my class 4 so at least 5 of them are, they recorded the serial numbers and left.

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    yep, i had a local officer at my home for a B&E the day before, he saw 8 gun safes aganst the wall, next day ATF showed up with a warrant and wanted me to open all the safes to check if any were auto, and i have my class 4 so at least 5 of them are, they recorded the serial numbers and left.
    I may have missed it, but how can they search your stuff without probable case?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

im guessing and this is just speculation. but im guessing the only way they got a warrant was through the patriot act.........because i know that the sight of a few gun safes is not probable or justifiable cause.

McX

Post imported post

backstabbers, gun grabbers, rights violators! After hearing your story, now I'm pissed.
    When you go to Vermont, bring me back something for me here in Wisconsin: Some rights- if they're available out there!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    BS flag thrown! Sorry to be so late into the fray.

"Typos" like this are too frequent on your part - that's the expected/normal excuse.

1) "at least 5 of them are" - meaning what....that you don't know exactly how many full auto guns you own? Please!

2) Full auto is class 3, not class 4.

3) You previously claimed two class 3 weapons on another post of the same time period - when asked about them, you backed up and provided info showing that they were not class 3 but semi-auto guns. Do you desire the quote? So are you now saying that you have purchased five (5) class 3 guns within a few days?

4) The guns you previously (also on similar date) claimed to own would easily fit in two normal size gun safes - not 8 required - and you previously stated they were not safes but cabinets. This quote is avail. too.

5) Since you claim to have been served with a warrant by ATF, you undoubtedly still have that collectors item - redact personal information and post here or it did not happen.

6) Same time period, you said that the guns were not in your home, but in your sister's basement.

We need a new more complete definition of "troll" to include those that put out BS stories without documentation and then yells and rants when someone challenges the facts or requests some small token of proof.

In your defense, I will say it must be difficult to keep all of your stories straight. :quirky

OCDO desires better than this and such as been pointed out to you before. :X

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.