• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arrested for Criminal tresspass, DUI, Felony Intimidation, Possesion w/o permit

pcreque

imported post

After she told him to leave, she came in and got me. and I told him to leave 3 times. when he then ask "what I was going to do about it" I grabbed him around the neck and slammed him into the garage. he got up and I told him to leave again and he said "I messed with wrong person" and then said "I'll kill ya" We called cops and they came out. As they were talking to us, he pulled back in to our drive way. they arrested him and found a load .40 with 11 rounds and 1 in chamber and a b.a.c. of .11 then .08 when booked in jail.

I found out his permit expired two years prior and new one wasn't issued until 41 days after incident. He got off on all counts and has been noticed driving around 1/4 mile from girlfriend house on weekends I'm not there.

I'm all for responsible people having the right to own, carry but this seems rediculous. he now had lifetime permit and no convictions preventing him from carrying.

thanks

Beau

imported post

I agree the op is trolling. But what is the point. He says thanks at the end as if it is our fault the guy has a license to carry.

He also seems to think that if this guy did not have a license to carry he would be magically stopped from carrying..??

Did the op not state that the guy was already carrying on an expired license?

If your going to troll at least make sense.

pcreque

imported post

Yes, this was Allen county Indiana. Believe me I have nothing against owning and carrying by responsible people. He lives 5 minutes from my girl friend and I live 25 minutes away.
So when I'm not there I have trouble relaxing. And I've chased what I've thought was him 3 times and twice she's come home to a vehicle that she and son said is his, sitting 1/4 mile down the road. This is on a stone road that is a mile long and only has 2 houses on it. Both houses are owned by same person as it 90% of farm ground on that road. One would have to go out of the way to go past her house.

I feel, looking at big picture that he shouldn't have gotten off of everything. He was only charged with reckless driving, $25 dollar fine and ordered to go to alcohol classes. I have proof his license expired 5/30/2007 and one wasn't issued until 9/11/2009 41 days after incident. One question is can you carry before you have your license if you have applied? And is there a grace period or something that allows him to carry while his license is being processed. The only reason I called police is when he said he'd kill me. Otherwise I wouldn't have unless he came back and by then we had shotgun ready.

I just purchased 9mm and need to get my permit so I can have it with me. Is the permit process faster for a 4 year then lifetime and would it be faster if I showed I completed some instruction.

I know he had every right to own a gun. Just feel given his permit expired, he was drunk, had trespassed once and after he said he'd kill me, he trespassed again in possession of a loaded weapon while being legally drunk. This is the kind of person that gives guns a bad name and I think his returning showed intent to commit a forcible felony. He’s harassed his ex wife and her family and threatened them with blackmail. And all that has been reported and should be considered. Can no body see pattern here?

I guess I just lost some faith and was blind when I thought that he would at least get some punishment that would make him think and I don't think revoking his right to carry for a couple of years is a bad thing. I know it's a right, but it's also a privilege. And privileges should come to law-abiding people with good intentions.

I'm glad I have the right to purchase a handgun. Hell all the bad people carry then so at least the good people should be able to protect there family, love ones and property. And that's what I'll do from this point on.

I just wanted some input on the issue. Seems like a lot of people have down played this and I wonder if it happend to them, or their daughter and grandkids if their opinions would change. I just want to be able to protect her and kids..

pcreque

imported post

I'm not sure what I said that make the two of you reply like I'm causing problems. I was just wanting some feedback. I had thought that responsible people who support our 2nd amendmant rights would probably feel the same way when someone does stupid stuff that makes good citizens and responsible owners look bad.

So, I'll go elsewhere for information. The only reason that I got on this site was because I just bought a 9mm and I don't have a huge gun background. never intended to cause problems by asking questions. and seeing i asked under indiana i'm not sure why it upset you, not being a resident.

and to the other guy, I said thanks, because I appreciated anyone who read and may respond to my situation.

people in this country to two on edge anymore and because of media and liberals everyone thinks there is a hidden agenda. I'm not the enemy but I guess i'm not a friend either. excuse me for thinking that I was let down by my state and the law that I try to follow everyday.

I'd say thanks, but you may think I'm saying it's someones fault that this happened.

pcreque

imported post

when we found out he was getting off virtually scot free, then we decided to file protective orders. the guy that did this isn't her ex husband but a friend. her ex husband says there is nothing he can do and basically pretends it didn't happen. i was saying that i talked to his ex wife who found out about him getting arrested and she provided proof that he has stalked and threatened her. All of which was sent to judge and prosecutor. now I'm afraid that he will go back after his ex wife for trying to help myself and girlfriend out.

thanks for your concern, but i'll find somewhere else to go. don't feel like being a troll

WCrawford

imported post

You have run into something that perplexes us all, the failure of the justice system. Did either you or your GF go to court over the incident? If not, you are partially responsible.

Get your GF a gun and permit (so she can protect herself when you are not around). Get the ex-wife of the scumbag to get a gun and permit to protect herself.

Everyone (yourself included) needs a protective order from the scumbag.

If Indiana laws prohibit those with protective orders from having a carry permit, make sure that the issuing authority know about the protective orders.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Yes, irresponsible people and criminals give guns a bad name.Responsible people must redirect suchattention to where it belongs, On the irresponsible party not the tool of his choice.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If I remember Indiana law correctly, they issue 2 different carry permits. The "limited" permit allows yuo to carry a firearm in your vehicle for transport purposes, to and from a range or to the feild for hunting purposes. The "Unlimited" permit allows for carry of a loaded handgun on your person for SD purposes.

If this guy had loaded firearms in his vehicle without a permit, he should of been charged with a violation of Indiana gun laws.

Beau

imported post

Your first post was a little choppy. It didn't seem like you were asking anything. We get a lot of trolls here and your post seemed like a troll post. Let's try again.

I do find it hard to believe he got of so easy. He could have and probably should have been charged with quite a bit more. Such as criminal trespass. Making verbal threats. Carrying without a license.

IANAL, To my knowledge you can not carry on an expired license. The only way I know that this works is if your current license is about to expire and you have filled filed an application to renew. If your license expires while you are waiting for your new license you can carry with your old license and copy of app for new license. Due to the fact that his license expired two years ago. I would say that he was carrying illegally.

My advice. Teach her to shoot. Come up with a plan of action for her to follow should he, or anyone, break into the home. Teach the kids what to do and where to go if something should happen. If the kids are old enough instruct them in firearms use as well.

If the house has no security system you can purchase battery powered alarms to put on doors and windows. Not great for long term but they will do the job until a better system can be installed.

As far as the LTCH it doesn't matter if you apply for the 4 year or the lifetime. They will take the same amount of time to process. Having a training certificate will not speed up the process either. Getting some training for you and her will help though. Just not with the process of getting your license. She should get hers as well in case he decides to attack while she is away from home.

I'm sorry you are in this situation. I have lived in fear before of worryin what someone else is going to do and it is a bad thing. Do the best you can to make sure all of you stay safe.

pcreque wrote:
Yes, this was Allen county Indiana. Believe me I have nothing against owning and carrying by responsible people. He lives 5 minutes from my girl friend and I live 25 minutes away.
So when I'm not there I have trouble relaxing. And I've chased what I've thought was him 3 times and twice she's come home to a vehicle that she and son said is his, sitting 1/4 mile down the road. This is on a stone road that is a mile long and only has 2 houses on it. Both houses are owned by same person as it 90% of farm ground on that road. One would have to go out of the way to go past her house.

I feel, looking at big picture that he shouldn't have gotten off of everything. He was only charged with reckless driving, $25 dollar fine and ordered to go to alcohol classes. I have proof his license expired 5/30/2007 and one wasn't issued until 9/11/2009 41 days after incident. One question is can you carry before you have your license if you have applied? And is there a grace period or something that allows him to carry while his license is being processed. The only reason I called police is when he said he'd kill me. Otherwise I wouldn't have unless he came back and by then we had shotgun ready.

I just purchased 9mm and need to get my permit so I can have it with me. Is the permit process faster for a 4 year then lifetime and would it be faster if I showed I completed some instruction.

I know he had every right to own a gun. Just feel given his permit expired, he was drunk, had trespassed once and after he said he'd kill me, he trespassed again in possession of a loaded weapon while being legally drunk. This is the kind of person that gives guns a bad name and I think his returning showed intent to commit a forcible felony. He’s harassed his ex wife and her family and threatened them with blackmail. And all that has been reported and should be considered. Can no body see pattern here?

I guess I just lost some faith and was blind when I thought that he would at least get some punishment that would make him think and I don't think revoking his right to carry for a couple of years is a bad thing. I know it's a right, but it's also a privilege. And privileges should come to law-abiding people with good intentions.

I'm glad I have the right to purchase a handgun. Hell all the bad people carry then so at least the good people should be able to protect there family, love ones and property. And that's what I'll do from this point on.

I just wanted some input on the issue. Seems like a lot of people have down played this and I wonder if it happend to them, or their daughter and grandkids if their opinions would change. I just want to be able to protect her and kids..