• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Shooting Sports

Utah_Patriot

imported post

So over the past few months I have come to realize that their is a group of people who do a very good job at protecting our rights here in Utah.

They work hard to protect our rights here in Utah. Everyday we I see attacks on our freedoms and it is nice to know we have someone working for our rights.

As the legislative session draws closer I would challenge you to read this site and sign up for the Alerts. And even if you choose to do so become a member of this worthy gun rights advocates group. Take the time to read this site and you will see why I am in support of this site.

I hope as the legislative session draws closer we take a active role in contacting our elected officials. I want to see this year the best year for gun rights.

The website is www.utahshootingsports.com Please if you do nothing else go to the website and sign up for alerts.

Thanks
Zach 801-448-7574

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

If I may be so bold, I'd like to also direct folks to the website for Gun Owners of Utah! (GOUtah!).

There are good people at USSC and they do good work. We cooperate on many issues. And if you're going to join a formal, pro-gun organization and pay dues, I would recommend them as the first one to consider.

But as their name implies, the tend to focus a little more on the shooting SPORTS sometimes instead of self-defense.

GOUtah! is an informal, no dues grassroots single issue organization. All we do is RKBA. We count among our readers/members/ conservatives, liberals, libertarians, etc. While we each have personal views, as an organization, we don't care what your views are on abortion, immigration, taxes, drugs, etc, etc, etc.

No more than once a day during the legislative session we will send you an email (or fax if you don't have email) alert with what is going on at the capital and what you can do to help protect and advance your RKBA. In the vast majority of cases, this involves nothing more than making a couple of phone calls or sending a couple of emails or faxes to various legislators or other government officials. On rare occasion it may involve attending a legislative hearing.

When the legislature is not in session, you might hear from us once a month or so.

We will not ask you for money.

Please visit us at www.goutahorg.org

Charles

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
Charles,

the GoUtahOrg.org site hangs my browser every time I try to load the page. it happens in FireFox and IE.
I just opened it at http://goutahorg.org/ . No problems here.

But if anyone has problems with the webpage, take heart. What you really want are the email alerts. So PM me a valid email address and I'll have you added to the list.

Charles

Pedman

imported post

It should be noted that the Utah Shooting Sports Council does not require dues/fees to be well informed in their organization and the agenda for the upcoming legislation year.

Also, the Utah Shooting Sports Council may sound like they are for the shooting sports enthusiast, but this is only a part of the audience. Headed by Clark Aposhian you will find that he is a strong Lobbyist with State of Utah dealing with Firearm/Self-Defense Laws and also a Former Legislative Liaison for Gun Owners of Utah. This group is directly involved with Utah Gun issues and laws.

I am not opposing any other organization, but I felt that clarification was needed on this topic.