• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC and SAM manning table at Jay's Sporting goods lobby

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I will be manning a table in the lobby of Jay's in Clare on Saturday and Sunday basically from 9:00am to 5:00pm or so. If anyone can stop by and say hi or help me man the table for a bit I would appreciate it. I would love to see members I have met as well as any new people I haven't.

I will have SAM shirts as well as a few MOC items for sale as fundraisers. Hope to see some of you there.

Venator

imported post

I'm doing a call in radio interview at 10:00 AM Saturday. The station is in Gaylord an outdoor show. I hope to get people in the area to stop by and learn about both OC and SAM.

Thanks guys for the help.

Radioman

imported post

I'll be passing by the area on Saturday so I can pop in for a few minutes. Not long due to the reason for the trip but I'll stop by and say howdy anyways.

Radioman

Venator

imported post

Well things went well. Several hundred people saw our banner and I tried to talk to as many as would listen. Signed up two new members and raise a little bit of money for both groups.

I want to thank the OCers that showed up and kept me company, I appreciated it. Billy thanks for the coffee!

One strange thing though. Jays has a new sign up with no mention of OC. It reads

Conceal Carry Customer
Jay's welcomes conceal carry.
However if you are here for accessories it must be checked in ....yatta yatta.

So I asked several employees about OC and they said it was fine as long as it stayed in the holster. What was strange was one of the employees stated that if they found out you were carrying concealed they must have you unload the weapon.

WTF:banghead: So if I OC it can be loaded, but if I tell them I'm concealing or if they should see it printing they make you unload it. Not sure what that does. I don't know what they would do if they should see it printing ask you to unload and you say "Oh...I'll just OC it then, because an unloaded handgun is just an expensive paper-weight."

They certainly don't announce that OC is welcome. In fact it's misleading as the sign implies that only Conceal carry is welcome. Sneaky.

autosurgeon

imported post

They just need to take the sign down altogether and stop trying to micromanage people like the Dems are always trying to do.

Just a NOTE I am aware that the GOP has and is guilty of this as well.