• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regular OC citzen, New member

Stag-Hunter

imported post

Hello fellow Americans,

Just found this website today, a wealth of information can be found here.. thanks to everyone for their time postingthis educational material.

Ilive in Contra Costa County (Concord) and work in Richmond. My brother and I own a small business that employees 50+ men and women.We moved the company to Richmond three years ago but unfortunately, it'slocated in one of theworst areasto own a business. Crime(burglary) is high in this area aswe've had attempted break In's(sp) numerous times along with unsavory characters walking on our premises during business hours.

I started toopen carry last year.TheHK-45 ACPgets strappedto my sideevery morning before I head out.I keep two loadedmagazines on my belt as well.

A locked gate at our business requires you toexit your carto enter a combination on the gates keypad.It's always dark and unsavory characters can been seen walking around in the distance sothis is when I load the gun. It remainsloaded and on my hipuntil I leave for home each day.

At first, interactingwith clients was awkward but eventually,everyone got used tome carryingand most don't mention now. I'msure they allthink I'm acowboy or something but I don't care. My employees are safe, and I feel safe.

Just yesterday I interacted with a police officer ata localgas station. He clearly seen my gun but never said a word. It's helps whenyou feel natural carrying a gun everyday of the week... I even told him that his dog looked thirsty in the back of the car, he just nodding and said thank you.

Talk to you all soon,

S.H.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Welcome aboard, we're happy to have you here.

You should clarify where you are in terms of the state. I know it's Richmond, California where you work but some might think "Virginia", though your home county is a dead giveaway.

Good thing you're carrying, especially OC'ing, with the unsavory types hanging around. How does that set with the local authorities?

Stag-Hunter

imported post

Thanks you for the welcome.

My business is in Contra Costa County, Richmond Calif.

I was going to apply for a CCW but after reading a few websites I learned it was next to impossible to obtain one in this county. There are factors other than the obvious for denial of CCW's in this county. I forget the exact story but the former sheriff was caught giving CCW's to friends, relatives and acquaintances all the time denying the average Joe.

After the incident, CCW were almopst impossible to obtain

I really don't know how the cops feel about me OC, I've never been stopped or questioned. I believe the residents of thisarea figure I'm LEO so they never even look me in the eye.

Thanks again,

S.H.

Statesman

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Welcome aboard, we're happy to have you here.

You should clarify where you are in terms of the state. I know it's Richmond, California where you work but some might think "Virginia", though your home county is a dead giveaway.

Good thing you're carrying, especially OC'ing, with the unsavory types hanging around. How does that set with the local authorities?
But wait! The CC-only advocates would tell him that he would have the "advantage" of surprise if he concealed that huge 45 pistol ! I guess we should take this case as anecdotal evidence that OC really does deter shady characters lurking in bad areas.

I have no doubt that OC has kept Stag-hunter and his employees safe.

Stag-hunter: I must say, nice choice on the H&K 45, too. :)

RebelHell

imported post

Yes, welcome to the forum. It's nice to hear about people over in commiefornia exercising their rights. We may get some things changed yet.

chewy352

imported post

Good luck with your sheriff. We are working on getting rid of our murderer oops I mean sheriff William Gore.

Calvin.jpg
Sheriff Gore