• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Carolina Senator?

carracer

imported post

Is this real? Has it been discussed and I missed it?

[url]http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/national/article/74-year-old_n.c._state_senator_shoots_wounds_intruder_at_his_home/287987/P10/[/url]

"By AP

Published: August 24, 2009

TABOR CITY, N.C. — A sheriff says a North Carolina state senator shot one of two intruders at his home and hospital officials say the man is in fair condition.

Multiple media outlets reported that Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that 74-year-old Sen. R.C. Soles of Tabor City shot Kyle Blackburn late Sunday afternoon.

A spokeswoman at Loris Community Hospital in South Carolina said Monday that Blackburn was in fair condition.

Batten says the shooting occurred when two men went to the senator’s house and tried to kick in his front door. No charges have been filed.

The sheriff’s office said the State Bureau of Investigation was handling the case. A call to an agency spokeswoman was not immediately returned. There was no answer at a number listed for Soles’ home.

The Democrat has been in the Senate 32 years."

Dreamer

imported post

I see a lot of comments on the various news sites where people are saying that the NRA rates this guy as pro-gun and has given him an "A" rating...

Hmmmm...

His voting record is 68% pro-gun.

If he were a roofing contractor, and only 68% of his roofs didn't leak or blow away, how long do you think he'd be a roofer?

If he were a plumber, and only 68% of the toilets he installed would actually flush correctly, how long do you think he would be a plumber?

If he were a mechanic, and in 68% of the oil changes he did, he remembered to put the drain plug back in the oil pan, how long do you think he'd be a plumber?

If he were a student, and he had a 68% average at the end of the year, would he graduate to the next grade?

I don't know about you guys, and I CERTAINLY don't know how the NRA figures their ratings, but it has been my experience in school and in "real life" that 68% is NOT a passing grade, and definitely NOT worthy of an "A". Heck, 68% doesn't even qualify as "doing a little poorly"--it is a pretty rock-solid FAIL...

The mere fact that 32% of the time he votes AGAINST gun rights, and yet sees fit to not only arm himself (and thereby give himself rights that he tries to deny his own constituency 1/3 of the times he votes) but then to proceed to shoot one of his ex boy-toys from behind as he is leaving the premises is not only immoral and unethical, but outright unlawful under NC statutes.

I wonder if this Senator has a CHP? Dollars to donuts the answer is "yes".

"Hypocrite" is a MUCH too gentle word for politicians like this one. The proper word to describe his contempt for his constituency, his disregard the laws of the land, and his monomaniacal, self-absorbed lifestyle is SOCIOPATH...

ALL career politicians--on BOTH sides of the isle--are whores, hypocrites and sociopaths. If they weren't, maybe they could hold honest jobs...

Their records speak for themselves.

Vote the bums out.

smash29

imported post

Fortunately for me a 68 was in the D to D+ range and still passing everywhere I've gone to school...

I do see your point though. Where do you find voting percentages?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smash29 wrote:
Fortunately for me a 68 was in the D to D+ range and still passing everywhere I've gone to school...

I do see your point though. Where do you find voting percentages?
It's a deep F in the K12 (private) schools I went to...

I always wondered why so many public officials were public schooled... They couldn't pass their own standards if they didn't lower them into the dirt...