Thread: Sample Appeal Letter to Waterbury P.D.

Post imported post

This sample letter to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners can be copies and used in any situation where the issuing authority has not made a decsion in eight weeks.

SAMPLE APPEAL LETTER

Date ____________

Board of Firearms Permit Examiners
    Attention: Board Chairman and Secretary
    505 Hudson Street 5th Floor
    Harford, CT

Request for Appeal Hearing

My name is ____________________ and I currently have an application for a 60 Day Temporary Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers pending with the Waterbury Police Department.

I made proper application for a Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers to the Waterbury Police Department on (Date____________).

Eight weeks have passed since submitting my application and my application has not been approved or denied in accordance with Section 29-28a (b) of the Connecticut General Statutes.

Additionally, I have not been provided with a reasonable reason for the delay in making a decision on my application.

In accordance with the recent Second Circuit Court of Appeals decision in Spinelli v. New York which was rendered by the court on August 31, 2009, I request a prompt and timely hearing before the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners on the issue of my application.

If the Waterbury Police Department approves my application I will notify the Board immediately.

Respectfully,

Name ____________________

Street ____________________

Waterbury, CT

Email address ______________________

Telephone Number __________________

Post imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
    I received a PM from Waterbury and decided to post my suggested appeal letter so it can be copied and pasted if needed. I have specifically referenced the recent Second Circuit Court of Appeals case of Spinelli v. New York.

This is for you Victor!!

Date

Board of Firearms Permit Examiners

Attention: Board Chairman and Secretary

505 Hudson Street 5th Floor

Harford, CT

Request for Appeal Hearing

My name is ____________________ and I currently have an application for a 60 Day Temporary Permit to Carry pending with the Waterbury Police Department.

I made application for a Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers to the Waterbury Police Department on (Date).

Eight weeks have passed since submitting my application and I have not been provided with a reason for the delay.

In accordance with the recent Second Circuit Court of Appeals decision in Spinelli v. New York[/b] which was rendered on August 31, 2009, I request a prompt and timely hearing before the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners on the issue of my application.

If the Waterbury Police Department approves my application I will notify the Board immediately.

Respectfully,

Name

Street

Waterbury, CT

Email address

Telephone Number

Thank You very much for you help

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

A person needs a temporary permit to carry before they can get a permit to carry?

Post imported post

Connecticut permits are applied for at the local level where a 60 day temp is issued. Then the 60 day temp is presented to DPS who issues a 5 year permit.

Post imported post

Ed,

I am in waterbury and it took me 13 weeks. Very frustrating.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

When sending such a letter to the State, it would be nice to send a copy also to the local, offending police chief. Just might yank the chief's chain enough to get a speedier result.

Post imported post

With the current federal casesthat are in the hopper,the entire landscape of firearms is going to change.

Andpublic officials across the country know it.

Post imported post

We can't do nothing with this problem in waterbury

Post imported post

If you happen to have a friend who is an attorney, or (even better) an attorney on retainer, you can CC them as well.

Post imported post

Great Job Ed... Hopefully the landscape changes all for the good. And hopefully the permit process is $50 cheaper...