• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sample Appeal Letter to Waterbury P.D.

Edward Peruta

imported post

This sample letter to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners can be copies and used in any situation where the issuing authority has not made a decsion in eight weeks.

[align=center]SAMPLE APPEAL LETTER[/align]
Date ____________

Board of Firearms Permit Examiners
Attention: Board Chairman and Secretary
505 Hudson Street 5[suP]th[/suP] Floor
Harford, CT

Request for Appeal Hearing

My name is ____________________ and I currently have an application for a 60 Day Temporary Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers pending with the Waterbury Police Department.

I made proper application for a Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers to the Waterbury Police Department on (Date____________).

Eight weeks have passed since submitting my application and my application has not been approved or denied in accordance with Section 29-28a (b) of the Connecticut General Statutes.

Additionally, I have not been provided with a reasonable reason for the delay in making a decision on my application.

In accordance with the recent Second Circuit Court of Appeals decision in Spinelli v. New York which was rendered by the court on August 31, 2009, I request a prompt and timely hearing before the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners on the issue of my application.

If the Waterbury Police Department approves my application I will notify the Board immediately.

Respectfully,

Name ____________________

Street ____________________

Waterbury, CT

Email address ______________________

Telephone Number __________________

vic

imported post

Edward Peruta wrote:
I received a PM from Waterbury and decided to post my suggested appeal letter so it can be copied and pasted if needed. I have specifically referenced the recent Second Circuit Court of Appeals case of Spinelli v. New York.

This is for you Victor!!

Date

Board of Firearms Permit Examiners

Attention: Board Chairman and Secretary

505 Hudson Street 5[suP]th[/suP] Floor

Harford, CT

Request for Appeal Hearing

My name is ____________________ and I currently have an application for a 60 Day Temporary Permit to Carry pending with the Waterbury Police Department.

I made application for a Temporary State Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers to the Waterbury Police Department on (Date).

Eight weeks have passed since submitting my application and I have not been provided with a reason for the delay.

In accordance with the recent Second Circuit Court of Appeals decision in Spinelli v. New York[/b] which was rendered on August 31, 2009, I request a prompt and timely hearing before the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners on the issue of my application.

If the Waterbury Police Department approves my application I will notify the Board immediately.

Respectfully,

Name

Street

Waterbury, CT

Email address

Telephone Number
Thank You very much for you help

Edward Peruta

imported post

Connecticut permits are applied for at the local level where a 60 day temp is issued. Then the 60 day temp is presented to DPS who issues a 5 year permit.

Edward Peruta

imported post

With the current federal casesthat are in the hopper,the entire landscape of firearms is going to change.

Andpublic officials across the country know it.