• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

festival of the west info needed

jayspapa

imported post

I will be makeing a trip to Scottsville for vacation this comeingspring. Need to know if carry ( open or concealed ) is legal at the festival and surounding areas.

Any other info you might think pertinate would be very welcome.

Thanks.

r6-rider

imported post

usually any type of public event around here will have a sign saying no weapons. i know the state fairs going on right now and they dont allow weapons, but with the kind of people crowd it attracts i know i sure wouldnt go there without at least a pistol and small army.

but yea that isnt scottsdale lol back when i worked security up there and they had me to check peoples bags before coming in, i had a few people ask me if its ok if they carry (they were concealing) i basically told them im not going to stop them but if they get thrown out because someone finds out its not my fault.

is there a specific event you're thinking about going too?

jayspapa

imported post

Going to the festival of the west. Plan on the Mountain man Rendezvous , film festival , and the buffalo soldiers for sure.

So basically if I WERE to conceal carry and were caught , all they would do is make me leave and put it in the car ???

We will be with another couple ( wifes sister and hubby ) doing the vacation thing so don't want to cause a big hassle . GuessI will be packing the PF-9 and not my 3 inch Kimber.

Thanks for all info.

r6-rider

imported post

jayspapa wrote:
Going to the festival of the west. Plan on the Mountain man Rendezvous , film festival , and the buffalo soldiers for sure.

So basically if I WERE to conceal carry and were caught , all they would do is make me leave and put it in the car ???

We will be with another couple ( wifes sister and hubby ) doing the vacation thing so don't want to cause a big hassle . GuessI will be packing the PF-9 and not my 3 inch Kimber.

Thanks for all info.
more than likely id say yea. cause they usually want to cause a big scene either so even if you were seen printing they would probably just have security tell you to put it back in your car. im sure they could tell you not to come back, but i highly doubt it i mean it is AZ everyone carries