• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I carry here?

CharlesC

imported post

What is the law on carrying near the Federal Court House in Alexandria on Eisenhower Ave? The Hoffmann Theater is directly next to the building and I want to know about carrying in the parking lot and near the courthouse before I do carry into the theater. I carry at all other theaters but that one is next to the Courthouse and I’m not sure if that is somehow Federal land or some such nonsense. The street between the buildings is blocked to vehicular traffic.

This is the court house where terrorist go on trial.

Thanks.

usaf0906

imported post

As long as you dont go in the court house, you should be just fine.

mkl

imported post

CharlesC wrote:
What is the law on carrying near the Federal Court House in Alexandria on Eisenhower Ave? The Hoffmann Theater is directly next to the building and I want to know about carrying in the parking lot and near the courthouse before I do carry into the theater. I carry at all other theaters but that one is next to the Courthouse and I’m not sure if that is somehow Federal land or some such nonsense. The street between the buildings is blocked to vehicular traffic.

Thanks.

AFAIK, The federal courthouse is right down the street on jamieson. The theater is in the Hoffman complex, and I don't think there is a courthouse there. The Hoffman buildings do house a variety of DOD offices. I have often wondered if somehow the parking lot was "federal property" or some such nonsense myself.

mpg9999

imported post

CharlesC wrote:

Thanks.
Just so you know, Hoffman is posted, but you can't really see it until after you are in the theater, and you'd have to turn around to see it.

Jonesy

imported post

Not only is it posted, but there areoften Alexandria cops on duty inside the theater. I have discussed the issue with them after noticing the signage, they told me open carriers have come in and were asked to leave. They also said if you conceal carried, you would likely proceed unnoticed, but that if someone noticed and complained, or if the cops noticed, they would ask you to put it in the car/leave. They were extremely professional and seemed supportive/understanding of gun rights. I have never had anything but poitive interactions with Alexandria PD.

I think you have no problems re the courthouse, it is some distance away.