Thread: giving back to the community

Banned

Post imported post

maybe someone with better administrative skills could get ahold of the city of kent or auburn and get a open carry volunteer brigade to help do sandbags for a couple hours or so.

it would be a good oppurtunity to give back to the communities we live in and also help foster unity between residents and oc'ers

people could be like i thought gun owers were bad. and now i see they are helpful

Post imported post

Give back?

Anything I get from the "communities" I pretty much pay money for.

Banned

Post imported post

you can help fill sandbags.

Post imported post

I'm with you on community support, visibility and changing the negative gun owner sterotypes.

Let me know if something developes.

Hendo
    By the way - in my opinion you can't "pay for" "community".

Post imported post

I reject the phrase "giving back." It's the de regueur description used when community organizers want to shame people into doing something. It's PC. It implies that I got something for nothing and now it's time for payback. What did I get for nothing that I must now recompense?

I have no problem doing something nice for someone else in an organized fashion, just don't insinuate that I "owe" the community anything.

Post imported post

deanf,

Sounds like you don't like to be in debt or told you are in debt - fair enough. Sounds like you might be willing to help out some people that might get flooded and help change any negative stereotypes of gun owners - ? Yes?

Hendo

Hates debt too

Post imported post

deanf wrote:
    I reject the phrase "giving back." It's the de regueur description used when community organizers want to shame people into doing something. It's PC. It implies that I got something for nothing and now it's time for payback. What did I get for nothing that I must now recompense?

I have no problem doing something nice for someone else in an organized fashion, just don't insinuate that I "owe" the community anything.
    I'd consider it giving back to the gun community more than anything. The positive press would be great for us .
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Yeah, but when the press looks at the OC'ers, they won't like it, and plus there will be stories of homes being flooded to report on. If you get on the news, they might show you from your "weak" side without your pistol showing .

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Post imported post

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Tawnos has the best response yet. Precisely right, Tawnos.

MD

ETA: Deanf is certainly right in what he said, too.

Banned

Post imported post

yeah, kent and auburn need a good cleaning anways. we got better things to do, huh?

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    yeah, kent and auburn need a good cleaning anways. we got better things to do, huh?
    So? You willin to coordinate a little? I live WAY out of the area, so it'd be difficult at best to set something up from my home town. If you can get a time, date and location set up, I'll try toget a few folks together. A weeks notice would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

Commodore