• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rights

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

so other than creating an account so you can post political affiliations.

why did you post it?

ScottyDog

imported post

Sorry but I literally live across the street from LFP, and you cant trust anything from that spooky town.

Also I agree with BooBoo (gasp) Whats with the blatant political ad?

Just my 2 cents...

Machoduck

imported post

For Pete's sake, cut the guy a break. I, for one, am happy to hear when *any* candidate supports gun rights. If all the politicians who believe in gun rights are gone, so are our gun rights. We might as well try to open carry in New Jersey.

Most new members want to contribute somehow. Most don't have OC experiences yet. Perhaps it's off topic a little but no worse than a lot of threads I've read here on the forum.

MD

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

did not see anything that backs up what he posted about gun rights.

Crashbox

imported post

Small world- I used to live right smack between Lake City, North City and Lake Forest Park (I still go to my dentist in LFP, had him for 34 years now)...

I suppose the good thing is that LFP police won't have any time to harass law-abiding OC'ers because because they're WAY too busy citing people for going 25.00001 MPH in a 25 zone :)

EDIT NO. 2: They sure give a long time here on this board to edit your posts; good thing, too!

Commodore76

imported post

SGCB wrote:
Voters and Citizens of Lake Forest Park, Washington should contact City Councilman John Wright < jwright4lfp@live.com > < http://electjohnwright.com/default.aspx >. He is a Navy veteran and NRA member. He presents as a firm gun rights advocate. I received positive replies of emails from him.

SGCB

If you're a candidate, let your actions (public) speak for your stance on every issue. Then, if elected, FOLLOW THROUGH!

Respectfully,

Commodore

amlevin

imported post

Since Gun Rights are subject to Preemtion by the State wouldn't it make more sense put the State Representatives and Senators under scrutiny rather than plugging a local 'pol'? It's the State "drones" that are going to make or break gun rights.

virgil47

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Since Gun Rights are subject to Preemtion by the State wouldn't it make more sense put the State Representatives and Senators under scrutiny rather than plugging a local 'pol'? It's the State "drones" that are going to make or break gun rights.

Sorry but I can't agree with that. Local politicos have a nasty habit of becoming state politicos. Get them while their young and bring them up right.