Thread: FS

Post imported post

I have a M&P 40 and a 9mm and they are great handguns. I will sell my 40 if I could get $550. I have about 350 or more rounds of FMJ ammo that will go with it. Also 4 mags and a Fobus holster. I need money for a new Eng for my 92 ford F150.

Post imported post

okkid wrote:
    I have a M&P 40 and a 9mm and they are great handguns. I will sell my 40 if I could get $550. I have about 350 or more rounds of FMJ ammo that will go with it. Also 4 mags and a Fobus holster. I need money for a new Eng for my 92 ford F150.

Hypothetically speaking, if there is ANY way you canuse those items as collateral with a family member or CLOSE friend in a "pawn shop" style transaction, I would strongly recommend giving that more than just a passing thought.

Those are things that might come in VERY handy in the future.

Just my $0.02

Post imported post

What is the condition of the gun? How many rounds through it?

Post imported post

Sold!

But thanks for looking.

Post imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
    okkid wrote:
    Hypothetically speaking, if there is ANY way you canuse those items as collateral with a family member or CLOSE friend in a "pawn shop" style transaction, I would strongly recommend giving that more than just a passing thought.

Those are things that might come in VERY handy in the future.

Just my $0.02
    Why "hypothetically speaking?"

Is there some legal problem or complication that is part of your suggested course of action?

Would a loan for $550 constitute a transfer of the gun legally?

Would Washington law prohibit or restrict the transfer of a firearm in a '"pawn shop" style transaction' such as you recommend?

Post imported post

okkid wrote:

If they're both M&P's, I'd sell the 9mm before the .40. You can get a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel relatively cheaply, and shoot .40 or 9mm out of the same gun with nothing more than a barrel/mag change.

Hell, you might even be able to find someone to take it in trade for a used engine. Either way, good luck.