• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FS

okkid

imported post

I have a M&P 40 and a 9mm and they are great handguns. I will sell my 40 if I could get $550. I have about 350 or more rounds of FMJ ammo that will go with it. Also 4 mags and a Fobus holster. I need money for a new Eng for my 92 ford F150.

Commodore76

imported post

okkid wrote:
I have a M&P 40 and a 9mm and they are great handguns. I will sell my 40 if I could get $550. I have about 350 or more rounds of FMJ ammo that will go with it. Also 4 mags and a Fobus holster. I need money for a new Eng for my 92 ford F150.

Hypothetically speaking, if there is ANY way you canuse those items as collateral with a family member or CLOSE friend in a "pawn shop" style transaction, I would strongly recommend giving that more than just a passing thought.

Those are things that might come in VERY handy in the future.

Just my $0.02

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
okkid wrote:

Hypothetically speaking, if there is ANY way you canuse those items as collateral with a family member or CLOSE friend in a "pawn shop" style transaction, I would strongly recommend giving that more than just a passing thought.

Those are things that might come in VERY handy in the future.

Just my $0.02
Why "hypothetically speaking?"

Is there some legal problem or complication that is part of your suggested course of action?

Would a loan for $550 constitute a transfer of the gun legally?

Would Washington law prohibit or restrict the transfer of a firearm in a '"pawn shop" style transaction' such as you recommend?

Wangmuf

imported post

okkid wrote:

If they're both M&P's, I'd sell the 9mm before the .40. You can get a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel relatively cheaply, and shoot .40 or 9mm out of the same gun with nothing more than a barrel/mag change.

Hell, you might even be able to find someone to take it in trade for a used engine. Either way, good luck.