Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: It Took Two Days

  1. #1
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    It took two days. Two days ago I had never heard of something called a Kel Tec RFB. On Thursday, I stopped at the gunsmith to drop off my Ruger Single Six for some sight work, and dropped by Mary’s to see what was new. When I got home I did some research and today I bought it. I haven’t decided what optic to sit on top of it, but I now own a Kel Tec product.


    Some Oleg pics, mine looks the same:




  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    and guessing 2k+ cheaper now

    and with that front site on looks stupid you'd think they would proof read pics

  3. #3
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    and guessing 2k+ cheaper now

    and with that front site on looks stupid you'd think they would proof read pics
    Huh?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post


  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    I had never heard of it either. Wow, that's pretty nice.

    I just watched a Youtube video to watch the forward ejection. As a reloader, I can't decide if that would be good or bad . . . good because they all land in the same area, bad because they probably would be in front of the firing line, which would be a problem at some ranges.

    Congrats on the purchase!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    No, the 2K thing. 2000 what? I have 40 rounds of .308 but I'll get more when I'm ready to shoot it.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    the cost of it 2000.00+

  8. #8
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    the cost of it $2000.00+
    Ack, no. That's the price-gouger price, and Mary's doesn't do that.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    so whats it running at @ mary's not that I can afford it either way

  10. #10
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    so whats it running at @ mary's not that I can afford it either way
    Dan was asking $1250.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    wow as msrp was close to 1900.00

    sell my ar i could get one. want a good 308. since wolf ammo's cheap



  12. #12
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    Boo Boo wrote:
    wow as msrp was close to 1900.00

    sell my ar i could get one. want a good 308. since wolf ammo's cheap

    They've been selling on the auction sites for over $2K and there are a lot of people waiting for their back ordered ones to come in. That’s why I keep going back to Mary’s, they sell good guns for better-than-fair prices.

    The .308 was going to be my next purchase anyway, and this setup intrigued me. It has the full 18" barrel (in a serious cartridge) with a 27½” OAL.

    They also have a nice Springfield M1A that I had my eye on. The M1A was supposed to be my .308 rifle, but this is just too handy (and rare) to pass on.

    Another Oleg pic:



  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    We need a "green with envy" smiley.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  14. #14
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Does Mary have another?

    I'd sooner drop 1250 on one of those than on any AR.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327

    Post imported post

    Dude, everyone wants to go shooting with you now! :-)

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, USA
    Posts
    584

    Post imported post

    Rumor has it the receiver will only last for 5000 rounds, although I doubt that since Kel-Tec makes good guns. It's always nice to see innovation in the civilian market.

  17. #17
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884

    Post imported post

    Not a huge fan of the bullpup design but it looks like it'll be a fun gun.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  18. #18
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    My next firearm was going to be a .308 to round out my rifles (I had nothing in a ‘serious’ caliber) and was thinking about getting a Springfield M1A. In fact, the dealer had a really nice one with the synthetic stock for a few hundred more. It was awesome looking, felt great in my hands, and was ready to shoot right out of the box (the RFB doesn’t come with any sights or optics). However, it is also very long (wouldn’t fit in the safe) and somewhat unwieldy.

    The RFB handles very well in tight environments. It’s a full length rifle in a much shorter package; perfect you want to tote it in your car to the range or tea party. The most surprising thing, to me anyway, is how great the trigger is. Most people expect a bullpup to have a sloppy trigger system, probably because some previous designs were more of a retrofit than a ground-up build. The RFB’s trigger feels as good as the two-stage upgraded trigger group in my AR.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    Mainsail wrote:
    My next firearm was going to be a .308 to round out my rifles (I had nothing in a ‘serious’ caliber) and was thinking about getting a Springfield M1A. ...snip... However, it is also very long (wouldn’t fit in the safe) and somewhat unwieldy.
    I work on M-14 type rifles so put an 18.5 Krieger barrel, Navy sights, and a Vortex flash hider on mine. It is super easy to maneuver around. I use it for deer hunting now and have had no problems in the woods, either moving around as needed or getting it on target quickly. It also has sub MOA accuracy which I wonder about with the bullpup designs. They look awkward to me although I've never shot one.

    It certainly wouldn't be as easy to hold up and open a door as pictured however.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    It looks like a variant of the British SA80.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska, USA
    Posts
    584

    Post imported post

    ^I disagree it looks like it actually works.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    130

    Post imported post

    FunkTrooper wrote:
    ^I disagree it looks like it actually works.
    Yeah the Brits have had a few problems with their rifles.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

  23. #23
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532

    Post imported post

    It was 60 degrees and sunny today so I took the RFB out for its maiden voyage. I have to say, I’m very impressed with this rifle! I put 160 rounds through altogether, 100 Magtechs, 40 surplus target ammo, and 20 Remington. Except for one failure-to-feed it ran perfectly. I’m still not sure what might have happened but it never repeated itself. Recoil was not the heavy punch I was expecting, just a firm push. I had some problems with the scope, which may very well have been partly me, but I need to call Trijicon tomorrow because I couldn’t raise the reticule high enough to zero it. Overall I’m VERY pleased with the gun. It got a bit of attention at the range, several people asking either what it was or where the heck I managed to find one.












  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    very nice, small size with a big punch!

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    591

    Post imported post

    wonder if they will tell you to get a riser

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •