• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It Took Two Days

Mainsail

imported post

It took two days. Two days ago I had never heard of something called a [font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFB_Carbinehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFB_Carbine[/font]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFB_CarbineKel Tec RFB[font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font]. On Thursday, I stopped at the gunsmith to drop off my Ruger Single Six for some sight work, and dropped by Mary’s to see what was new. When I got home I did some research and today I bought it. I haven’t decided what optic to sit on top of it, but I now own a Kel Tec product.

Some Oleg pics, mine looks the same:
RFB_left_6417.jpg

che_shirt_rfb_9887.jpg

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

and guessing 2k+ cheaper now

and with that front site on looks stupid you'd think they would proof read pics

Mad Pick

imported post

I had never heard of it either. Wow, that's pretty nice.

I just watched a Youtube video to watch the forward ejection. As a reloader, I can't decide if that would be good or bad . . . good because they all land in the same area, bad because they probably would be in front of the firing line, which would be a problem at some ranges.

Congrats on the purchase!

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

so whats it running at @ mary's not that I can afford it either way :(

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

wow as msrp was close to 1900.00

sell my ar i could get one. want a good 308. since wolf ammo's cheap

Mainsail

imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
wow as msrp was close to 1900.00

sell my ar i could get one. want a good 308. since wolf ammo's cheap

They've been selling on the auction sites for over $2K and there are a lot of people waiting for their back ordered ones to come in. That’s why I keep going back to Mary’s, they sell good guns for better-than-fair prices.

The .308 was going to be my next purchase anyway, and this setup intrigued me. It has the full 18" barrel (in a serious cartridge) with a 27½” OAL.

They also have a nice Springfield M1A that I had my eye on. The M1A was supposed to be my .308 rifle, but this is just too handy (and rare) to pass on.

Another Oleg pic:
RFB_CQB_4466web.jpg

FunkTrooper

imported post

Rumor has it the receiver will only last for 5000 rounds, although I doubt that since Kel-Tec makes good guns. It's always nice to see innovation in the civilian market.

Mainsail

imported post

My next firearm was going to be a .308 to round out my rifles (I had nothing in a ‘serious’ caliber) and was thinking about getting a Springfield M1A. In fact, the dealer had a really nice one with the synthetic stock for a few hundred more. It was awesome looking, felt great in my hands, and was ready to shoot right out of the box (the RFB doesn’t come with any sights or optics). However, it is also very long (wouldn’t fit in the safe) and somewhat unwieldy.

The RFB handles very well in tight environments. It’s a full length rifle in a much shorter package; perfect you want to tote it in your car to the range or tea party. The most surprising thing, to me anyway, is how great the trigger is. Most people expect a bullpup to have a sloppy trigger system, probably because some previous designs were more of a retrofit than a ground-up build. The RFB’s trigger feels as good as the two-stage upgraded trigger group in my AR.

heresolong

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
My next firearm was going to be a .308 to round out my rifles (I had nothing in a ‘serious’ caliber) and was thinking about getting a Springfield M1A. ...snip... However, it is also very long (wouldn’t fit in the safe) and somewhat unwieldy.
I work on M-14 type rifles so put an 18.5 Krieger barrel, Navy sights, and a Vortex flash hider on mine. It is super easy to maneuver around. I use it for deer hunting now and have had no problems in the woods, either moving around as needed or getting it on target quickly. It also has sub MOA accuracy which I wonder about with the bullpup designs. They look awkward to me although I've never shot one.

It certainly wouldn't be as easy to hold up and open a door as pictured however.