• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

phFamily Says 911 Tape Caught Cops Planning Cover-Up After Shooting

TOF

imported post

It sounds like you don't want to call Phoenix PD for help.

Their Chief of Police apears to be a double dipper, having retired and now getting 2 pay checks for one job, so why should we expect those below him to be any better.

:cuss:

GF

imported post

I remember hearing about that a while back. It took them forever to file a lawsuit against the PD. Don't know why they didn't do it right away.

zack991

imported post

Only a coward supports gun control. You know how to stop carjacking? Shoot the carjacker. If someone is going to kill me for my Buick, I'm gonna shoot until I'm out of ammo - and then I'll call 911."
-Ted Nugent, People Magazine, quoted in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, January 5, 1994

I Agree with the above statement watch the thin blue line ______________ protect these Criminals....I mean officers and they do no time. I hope he sues for millions.

RJ

Banned
imported post

IMO, its wrong for any police system to police itself,
It should be policed/investigated by citizens of the community they serve.
I know they don't have the skills, etc, but they do have teh skill of the dept and individuals outside of it, to help in coming to a lawful conclusion.

Now I grant you cops have a tough job, and I for one would not want to do it, but those that do and are doing it did it by choice, and in turn must live up to the expectations of the community in which they serve.
Having a badge and gun does now allow for situations outside of the law.
It must be applied much as it is to a normal non LEO citizen.

In this case, this individual, should not be on the street, and should be prosecuted for his attempt to hide or ellude the real truth along with other officers and members of the dept siding with him.
He evidently was not prepared for the work intended, nor followed policy at least thats the info coming out via the trial.
Bummer, now its becoming the " them and us" mentality with the community in some cases.
I feel for both the individual and his family for this injustice and the cops that walk the real line of duty.

Time for a citizen group to judge all members of government to ensure they do the job elected, or hired to do.
RJ

zack991

imported post

And police wounder why people do not trust them, anytime police are called for help they seem to be more helpful to the criminal then the victim. That is a huge reason I will stop the threat first before EVER calling the police. Now I am not trying to come off as bashing them but anytime i hear about police crossing the line they are rarely held to the High standards they claim they are held too. The blue line protects them time and time again while we are the ones blamed. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch, lately it seems the other way around.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

They dragged the wounded homeowner out of the house in front of his familyand put him on the hood of a patrol car? No call for an ambo or EMT's... No on-scene 1st aid?

The man should not have been moved at all. The senior officer present should have relieved Lilly of his gun and placed him on suspension of police dutiesright then. This whole bunch should be fired... then jailed.

They knew this was a massive screw up... and the 911 tape audio proves it. Then they compounded the screw up by an attempted whitewash. I hope Arambula owns PHX by the tme this is over.