• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Surprisingly, concealed carry has a shot ', Eugene Kane, Milwuakee JSonline.com

ilvg2k

imported post

FTA:
Wisconsin is one of only two states that don't issue concealed-carry permits to residents; Illinois is the other. Seeing that both states have major cities - Milwaukee and Chicago - where handgun violence is rampant in some areas, perhaps it has been a smart move so far.

Some police officers spend their entire career never having to draw their weapon, but some private citizens appear to be champing at the bit for the first chance to blow someone away.

:banghead:

Anti-safe is nothing new for this author though.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/business/303884/eugene_kane_in_my_opinion_50_cents_movie_ought_to/index.html
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/29263204.html
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/63009137.html

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Mr Kanes ignorance has bothered me to the point of sending him a lengthy e-mail.

This guy is obviously clueless, and need a little education IMO. I finished my letter with the following;

Why I carry a gun;
Because I live in the real world in which I recognize the dangers that are present. To do otherwise is to stick our head in the sand and ignore an ever-present danger around us.

Because I choose to take responsibility for the safety of my family, my peers, and myself. When seconds count and the police will not be immediately available... I know my firearm will be there for me and others.

I don't carry a gun to kill people, I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I am paranoid. I carry gun because I realize there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government, I carry a gun because I realize the limitations of government.
I don't carry a gun because I am angry, I carry a gun so I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because if I am unarmed and facing 3 armed thugs, I am in adequate.
I don't carry a gun because I love it, I carry a gun because I love life and the people that make it meaningful to me.

Let me finish with a quote from one of the founding fathers of this great country:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764.
That was 230 years ago! And not much has changed, has it?

gbu28

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Mr Kanes ignorance has bothered me to the point of sending him a lengthy e-mail.

This guy is obviously clueless, and need a little education IMO. I finished my letter with the following;

Why I carry a gun;
Because I live in the real world in which I recognize the dangers that are present. To do otherwise is to stick our head in the sand and ignore an ever-present danger around us.

Because I choose to take responsibility for the safety of my family, my peers, and myself. When seconds count and the police will not be immediately available... I know my firearm will be there for me and others.

I don't carry a gun because I am paranoid. I carry gun because I realize there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government, I carry a gun because I realize the limitations of government.
I don't carry a gun because I am angry, I carry a gun so I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because if I am unarmed and facing 3 armed thugs, I am in adequate.
I don't carry a gun because I love it, I carry a gun because I love life and the people that make it meaningful to me.

Let me finish with a quote from one of the founding fathers of this great country:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764.

Yeah, just be aware that when criticizing Kane, he has some sort of posse who doesn't take kindly to it. I'm sure he knows about it- not sure if he is personally aware of who it is or not. A few years ago he wrote an article about CCW and something about the Capitol building turning into the OK corral (or something to that effect). I had an editorial published criticizing his statements and a week or so later a bunch of my family members received an anonymous letter in the mail at their respective homes basically threatening me if I criticize good old Mr. Kane again.

AaronS

imported post

gbu28 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

Why I carry a gun;

Yeah, just be aware that when criticizing Kane, he has some sort of posse who doesn't take kindly to it. I'm sure he knows about it- not sure if he is personally aware of who it is or not. A few years ago he wrote an article about CCW and something about the Capitol building turning into the OK corral (or something to that effect). I had an editorial published criticizing his statements and a week or so later a bunch of my family members received an anonymous letter in the mail at their respective homes basically threatening me if I criticize good old Mr. Kane again.
Mr. Kane can kiss my ass. Any posse he might have, can also do the same.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

AaronS wrote:
gbu28 wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

Why I carry a gun;

Mr. Kane can kiss my ass. Any posse he might have, can also do the same.

I agree, he can kiss my ass too!
Andthat is the beauty of living up in the middle of nowhere. Whatever happens in Milwaukee or the rest of the world barely affects us, Life goes on!

tomm1963

imported post

Eugene Kane. Another reason I don't subscribe to the Milwaukee Urinal.[sub]
[/sub]