Thread: Punishing the guilty

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

malfeasance [mælˈfiːzəns]n (Law) Law the doing of a wrongful or illegal act, esp by a public official Compare misfeasance, nonfeasance[from Old French mal faisant, from mal evil + faisant doing, from faire to do, from Latin facere]malfeasant n & adjhc_dict()Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 6th Edition 2003. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
    [line]How do we go about having Greg Nickels charged with this?
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Great thread, but it's not quite what I had in mind. Maybe I'm off base on this anyway, but is there any way to have criminal charges filed against him for KNOWINGLY enacting a rule that violates both the RCW and the State Constitution?
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.a...&full=true

9A.80.010
    Official misconduct.
    [/b](1) A public servant is guilty of official misconduct if, with intent to obtain a benefit or to deprive another person of a lawful right or privilege:

(a) He intentionally commits an unauthorized act under color of law; or

(b) He intentionally refrains from performing a duty imposed upon him by law.

(2) Official misconduct is a gross misdemeanor.

[1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 38 § 17; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.80.010.]

Notes:

Effective date -- Severability -- 1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 38: See notes following RCW 9A.08.020.

Failure of duty by public officers: RCW 42.20.100.

Chapter 42.20 RCW
    Misconduct of public officers
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=42.20

Post imported post

Well there's always RCW 9.41.810.

RCW 9.41.810
    Penalty.

Any violation of any provision of this chapter, except as otherwise provided, shall be a misdemeanor and punishable accordingly.
    Provisions of the chapter include state preemption. What Nickels is doing is a misdemeanor crime.

Post imported post

Maybe, after the SAF case, we can do this. It's a thought.

Post imported post

i say drag his sorry ass into federal court with a federal prosicutor and watch him fry. No deals no fines just hard time and a ruined career. and visit by bubba at 3am wouldnt upset me much either he deserves it

Post imported post

Like father like son... His son is doing or has just finished prison for some gambling related crimes.