• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Punishing the guilty

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

malfeasance [mælˈfiːz[sup]ə[/sup]ns]n (Law) Law the doing of a wrongful or illegal act, esp by a public official Compare misfeasance, nonfeasance[from Old French mal faisant, from mal evil + faisant doing, from faire to do, from Latin facere]malfeasant n & adjhc_dict()Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 6th Edition 2003. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
[line]How do we go about having Greg Nickels charged with this?

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Great thread, but it's not quite what I had in mind. Maybe I'm off base on this anyway, but is there any way to have criminal charges filed against him for KNOWINGLY enacting a rule that violates both the RCW and the State Constitution?

XD45PlusP

imported post

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.80&full=true

9A.80.010
Official misconduct.
[/b](1) A public servant is guilty of official misconduct if, with intent to obtain a benefit or to deprive another person of a lawful right or privilege:

(a) He intentionally commits an unauthorized act under color of law; or

(b) He intentionally refrains from performing a duty imposed upon him by law.

(2) Official misconduct is a gross misdemeanor.

[1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 38 § 17; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.80.010.]

Notes:

Effective date -- Severability -- 1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 38: See notes following RCW 9A.08.020.

Failure of duty by public officers: RCW 42.20.100.

Chapter 42.20 RCW
Misconduct of public officers
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=42.20

deanf

imported post

Well there's always RCW 9.41.810.

RCW 9.41.810
Penalty.

Any violation of any provision of this chapter, except as otherwise provided, shall be a misdemeanor and punishable accordingly.

Provisions of the chapter include state preemption. What Nickels is doing is a misdemeanor crime.

jarhead1911A

imported post

i say drag his sorry ass into federal court with a federal prosicutor and watch him fry. No deals no fines just hard time and a ruined career. and visit by bubba at 3am wouldnt upset me much either he deserves it

Trigger Dr

imported post

Like father like son... His son is doing or has just finished prison for some gambling related crimes.