• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry with the family

G-16

imported post

When I open carry it is just usually me and not with my wife or child. But yesterday I felt it was time to start bringing those two parts of my life into one.

I have to say the folks at Babies-r-us seemed a little uppity as I was shopping around and I had 5 people come up and ask if I needed help finding anything. I usually get 1 on a good day. But all in all it was nice to be protected and with the family.

Cracker

imported post

I always carry with the family (wife and 4 children). One reason is the usual, protection. Another reason is I think more people comfortable with it if they see an armed citizen with a family. One of the main reasons I started to OC is to get people used to seeing it and understand their rights to self defense... Keep on it with the family, good job!

mahkagari

imported post

Weekends are when I tend to OC. Weekdays I go to the office and then home, so I'm not out OCing. Weekends are also when I tend to give DW a break and take my daughters out with me on errands. I agree that it's good for people to see moms and dads out being "normal people" who OC.

Take a look for pics from our Firestone OC dinners. Always plenty of kids around learning how their mommies and daddies responsibly carry.

mahkagari

imported post

Another story of a missing child turning up in a landfill was on the news last night.

Now, rationally I know that the vast majority of child abductions are by someone the kid knows.It's not a random stranger in a supermarket, despite urban legends of people hiding in bathrooms with changes of clothes and hair dye.

I know that of the sick ****s that doassault kids, there are not statistically more of them now thanthere ever were. Themass media just now broadcaststhe worst things happeningin every corner of the world that previously you never would have known about.

But I do feel the security that if an @$$hole sees me OCing and my child happens to step out of arms' reach, he's gonna pick another family to mess with. Colorado law allows me to use deadly force to prevent a kidnapping. Gods help you, if I have to unholster and say "Step away from my child!", you've got until "Ste-..." before I pull the trigger. I trainto fire understress including elevated heart rate and adrenaline, so, no, my child being near you is not going to stop me from firing.It'll encourage me to do so, and no, I won't miss.