• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KALISPELL TRIO - What Say Yea ? Are you ready to fight this ?

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/32834.html

Get it straight from the source: http://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/unpub/08/08-31197.0.wpd.pdf

The states served by this circuit are Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. He was convicted for violating 39 C.F.R. § 232.1([font=CenturySchoolbook,Italic]l[/font]). CFR is the Code of Federal Regulations -- the rules promulgated under a statute but not the statute itself.This is precedent, at least for limited purposes (see the footnote on page 1 ofthe opinion).

It appears that he was an employee who had a gun in his vehicle parked on Postal Service property.

The penalty wasn't addressed but it appears that the penalty is a fine of not more than $50 or more than 30 days in jail (!). See http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2004/julqtr/pdf/39cfr232.1.pdf

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With many of us Citizens in Montana, Idaho, andWyomingusing the Post Office, Soc Sec, Forest Service, National Park Service, and BLM "public areas" of the parking lots andbuildings with ourselves and vehicleshas anyone other one person I know WY and myself contacted SAF, GOA, and/or NRA and Congress to get Congress to pass a bill as was done for the NationalParkService carry which starts in JAN/FEB 2010.

Why should you and I have topark on the public street (to leave our weapons in the vehicle)or leave our weapons at home just so we can go get our mail in a USPS POB or Soc Sec or whatever since we are not allow by foolish BS "rules and regulations/ laws"to have weapons in thesetaxpayer paid public parking lots andpublic buildings to conduct our official business.

Yes, we need the support of Idaho Pro Org's, MSSA, WSSA, and WYGO.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Neplusultra

imported post

It would seem to me if there was any place where you might need a gun it would be the Post Office. After all that's where we get the phrase "going postal" :^). This is not like a court or other government building or area where security is provided and people must pass through metal detectors to gain access......

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

May get worse. The Czar under Obama for OSHA is thinking about passing a Federal Law that will over ride the states in regards to not allowing any one to carry a weapon in their car or on any property of any business regardless of the owners policies. He is calling it safety in the workplace. BS.

So therefore a Wal-Mart employee for example who is a gun owner who carries, will not be able to leave the house with a weapon if he plans on parking in their parking lot since he probalby can't carry it in there, or leave it in the car locked up. How will this apply to non employees? Holy !$#%@. Read this in "American Freedom" magazine I get from NRA.

JBinMontana

imported post

The Czar under Obama for OSHA can kiss our Montana butts, as Justice Scalia ruled back when Sheriff Mack sued the Fed Gov over them trying to dictate rules under the Brady bill. Justice Scalia rule not once but 3 times that the Federal Government has no say with in the confines of any state on telling them what to do.

As far as the main USP in Kalispell, I do not carry in there as they own the building, but in thePO in Evergreen I carry all the time. This building is privately rented by the person running it, and the building itself is notcovered under the federal law as she is a renter, and not the owner of said building.