Thread: Video of police

Post imported post

Saw this and thought it mightspark someconversation and perspective on the law, the LEO and how the person acted in this scenario:

http://tinyurl.com/yjrhc66

Post imported post

Painfull to try to watch that video, too bad it keeps pausing to buffer or whatever. I couldn't get through the whole thing. Of what I did see, seems like the guy taking the video did a great job standing up for his rights.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

I think the officer hated being on film I really dislike it when Police are aggressive against someone when they haven't done anything wrong or suspicious. Thanks for sharing.

Post imported post

He followed the police to ask if he was being detained, when he obviously wasn't. Why would someone do that?
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

It's entirely too easy to lose your calm and professionalism in those circumstances - for both the cops AND the citizens.

Post imported post

j2l3 wrote:
    He followed the police to ask if he was being detained, when he obviously wasn't. Why would someone do that?
    Sometimes cops walk away briefly, but keep you detained. Best example is a traffic stop, where he leaves to fill out the ticket, but you are not yet free to go.

In the heat of the moment, it might not have been obvious that he wasn't free to go.

Also, he was basically chased away from the group he was originally filming. He might not have intended to follow the cop; he may have just been going back toward the group.

He might also have been looking for "yes, you're being detained," if he's one of those lawsuit types.

But I'm not him, I'm just speculating.

Post imported post

Didn't watch the whole video but I thought it was funny that he asked for a permit for open carry then the guy said "what permit?" Then he asked for his drivers license and he inquired as to if he was driving a motor vehicle haha. epic.

Post imported post

Now I dont know if it was just me, but did the cameraman/OCer seem a bit "argumentative" with the Officer?

Post imported post

if you listen the officer says "hold on" as he turns to walk back to his car so the OP asking am I being detained is a very reasonable question.