• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of police

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Painfull to try to watch that video, too bad it keeps pausing to buffer or whatever. I couldn't get through the whole thing. Of what I did see, seems like the guy taking the video did a great job standing up for his rights.

FunkTrooper

imported post

I think the officer hated being on film I really dislike it when Police are aggressive against someone when they haven't done anything wrong or suspicious. Thanks for sharing.

grishnav

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
He followed the police to ask if he was being detained, when he obviously wasn't. Why would someone do that?
Sometimes cops walk away briefly, but keep you detained. Best example is a traffic stop, where he leaves to fill out the ticket, but you are not yet free to go.

In the heat of the moment, it might not have been obvious that he wasn't free to go.

Also, he was basically chased away from the group he was originally filming. He might not have intended to follow the cop; he may have just been going back toward the group.

He might also have been looking for "yes, you're being detained," if he's one of those lawsuit types.

But I'm not him, I'm just speculating.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Didn't watch the whole video but I thought it was funny that he asked for a permit for open carry then the guy said "what permit?" Then he asked for his drivers license and he inquired as to if he was driving a motor vehicle haha. epic.

Agent 47

imported post

if you listen the officer says "hold on" as he turns to walk back to his car so the OP asking am I being detained is a very reasonable question.