• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TEA Party Express II - 25 Oct 2009 - San Diego, CA

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
You guys mistook him for Harbor Police. Did he have a gun either back then or today? If so, he's in deep caca.
Why's that?

To be a private security guard and carry a sidearm, the state requires you also have a BSIS exposed firearm permit. Even if you are a peace officer.

http://www.bsis.ca.gov/online_services/verify_license.shtml

Gale Saflar does not. Hence, if he was carrying a loaded firearm, as whacker security guards (who dress like police) tend to do, he was likely violating the same penal code that prohibits us from carrying loaded unlicensed in incorporated areas, as well as business and professions code regulating the private security industry.

Here's where you can report criminally unlicensed victim disarmers:
http://www.bsis.ca.gov/industries_regulated/uaau.shtml

chewy352

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
You guys mistook him for Harbor Police. Did he have a gun either back then or today? If so, he's in deep caca.
Why's that?

To be a private security guard and carry a sidearm, the state requires you also have a BSIS exposed firearm permit. Even if you are a peace officer.

Gale Saflar does not. Hence, if he was carrying a loaded firearm, as whacker security guards (who dress like police) tend to do, he was likely violating the same penal code that prohibits us from carrying loaded unlicensed in incorporated areas, as well as business and professions code regulating the private security industry.

Sorry if you misunderstood guys Gale Safler is the contact for seaport village not the security guard. The security guard was armed with a firearm, baton and pepper spray both times.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

chewy352 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Why's that?

Sorry if you misunderstood guys Gale Safler is the contact for seaport village not the security guard. The security guard was armed with a firearm, baton and pepper spray both times.
Should get the guards' names so they can be run too.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Ah. I just thought it was an odd thing to say on an open carry forum. I'm fine with a security guard carrying a gun because I'm fine with any lawful person carrying a gun. I get what you're saying about the loaded part, I just don't care on a personal level.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Ah. I just thought it was an odd thing to say on an open carry forum. I'm fine with a security guard carrying a gun because I'm fine with any lawful person carrying a gun. I get what you're saying about the loaded part, I just don't care on a personal level.
It's an equal protection issue. Security guards are authorized by licensing statute to open carry loaded in incorporated areas, while we can't. If they're not even following the law and telling us to disarm or leave, why should we?

bigtoe416

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
It's an equal protection issue. Security guards are authorized by licensing statute to open carry loaded in incorporated areas, while we can't. If they're not even following the law and telling us to disarm or leave, why should we?
It's totally an equal protection issue...if the guard was carrying loaded. I'm not sure we know for sure if he was. I'd be willing to bet he was, but it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that he was carrying an unloaded gun.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
It's totally an equal protection issue...if the guard was carrying loaded. I'm not sure we know for sure if he was. I'd be willing to bet he was, but it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that he was carrying an unloaded gun.
It would likely still violate the B&P code... I'm pretty sure all condition levels of sidearms are covered, while long arms such as those mounted in locking vehicle racks are not regulated.

flintlock tom

imported post

I was at the TEA Party rally. I looked, but did not see any other carriers.
I parked at SeaPort Village and after the rally I walked back there for lunch. I sat and ate my lunch in the little patio right below the door to the security office. No one screamed and fainted, no children were murdered and no one asked me to leave.
I was wearing a Serpa Blackhawk with a Springfield Armory G.I. model .45. I noticed a couple people staring, but they were not alarmed enough to call 911.

chewy352

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
I was at the TEA Party rally. I looked, but did not see any other carriers.
I parked at SeaPort Village and after the rally I walked back there for lunch. I sat and ate my lunch in the little patio right below the door to the security office. No one screamed and fainted, no children were murdered and no one asked me to leave.
I was wearing a Serpa Blackhawk with a Springfield Armory G.I. model .45. I noticed a couple people staring, but they were not alarmed enough to call 911.
Did you go by Ben and Jerrys between 10:30 and 10:50? Well I'm glad I wasn't alone even though we weren't able to meetup.

flintlock tom

imported post

Hi,
No. I got to SeaPort Village a few minutes after 11:00. It took about 5 min. to walk up to the park. I got there for the last few minutes of Roger Hedgcocks comments. I walked around the edges of the crowd looking for some friends I expected there. I never got within sight of the speaker's platform 'cause the crowd was too tight and there were too many signs and banners.
They really need to start having these rallys at larger venues to accommodate the larger crowds.