• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd Redlands Market Night OC Meet

Legend_AB

imported post

We have now had a couple of successful UOC meets at the Redlands State St. Market Night.

The next one will be this Thursday Oct. 22 @ 6:30pm, we will meet in the southwest corner of the Redlands Mall parking lot.

Don't forget to bring your recorders, flyers and pamphlets!

See you all there.

mjones

imported post

Egads folks, please stop posting GFSZ maps!!!!

I know you are wanting to be helpful, but the reality is you are providing documents that could be used to hang you with regard to knowledge of a school zone.

wewd

imported post

The meeting spot is further away from the GFSZ than the map shows. It's more like 1500+ feet at that point. The borders are overdrawn so that people stay on the north side of the street.

demnogis

imported post

It's looking like I'll be able to make it. I currently am right by the 405/55 Interchange. Is there anyone in San Diego County, Orange County, Yorba Linda, Riverside, Corona or San Bernardino that wants to carpool? Otherwise I'll be making the long ride by motorcycle. Please shoot me a PM, thanks. (no pun intended)

righton73

imported post

hello brothers and sisters,

I meet two folks @ the range along side the San Jacinto mountains close to Palm Springs. Happy to exercise my rights along side. Hope to make a night, although i have no transportation till car is fixed,lol. I would really like to see pic.s of group and hear of happenings. cya Sean:)

wewd

imported post

righton73 wrote:
hello brothers and sisters,

I meet two folks @ the range along side the San Jacinto mountains close to Palm Springs.  Happy to exercise my rights along side.  Hope to make a night, although i have no transportation till car is fixed,lol.  I would really like to see pic.s of group and hear of happenings.  cya Sean:)

Welcome to the forum! Where do you live? Perhaps someone could pick you up if you aren't too far.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Nice meet up. Redlands PD helped to educate a nice crowd tonight during a 12031(e) check that open carry is legal!

From left to right: Sons of Liberty, Demnogis, Guitrman1001, friend, Legend_AB, and wewd.

Redlands.jpg

wewd

imported post

Great meet tonight, gentlemen. We had 5 open carriers and one concealed carrier (off-duty peace officer) as well as one non-carrier. We did get e-checked, and all went smoothly. For some reason the RPD Sergeant that e-checked me wanted to see if my mags were loaded, and I told him that they were. Not sure why he cared about that, but no bother.

We had quite a bit of interest about open carry from people at Market Night, and I think all 12 of my pamphlets that I printed out were given away. I need to print more next time. We met a couple that just moved to the area from South Dakota I believe, and could not believe that OC was legal in CA, as they were used to it in SD and were very excited to see us. Good people. The Redlands Tea Party group had a booth set up there and they were very pro-open carry, I wish that I had a stack of OC pamphlets to leave on their table.

Afterwards we all went to dinner at a nearby Thai restaurant which was very enjoyable. Definitely one of the most successful meets that we have had in Redlands. We floated the idea of renting a booth at Market Night to hand out propaganda and preach the gospel of the Second Amendment. You just never know... ;)

coolusername2007

imported post

Very cool! Sounds like you all had a great time hanging out and educating the People. Excellent work! Wish I could have been there. I am hoping I can make the next meetup there.

guitrman1001

imported post

It was smooth and Redlands PD was easy to deal with again during the E Check.
It was a great time and talked a few people! I must add that it was a bit funny my cousin off duty with his badge... got more grief from the LEO for Concealed Carrying but didn't have his State Issued LEO ID Card with him. (guess you should have that at all times) My cousin told him just run my badge... he was given professional courtesy and not harassed too much!

I too was surprised that the LEO asked to see if wewds mags were full. What was that all about?

The Redlands Tea Party people were very accepting to us and talked for a while and like what we were doing and invited us to some meetings.

Good night!

Carry On Wayne, Carry on Garth!

Guit

greengum

imported post

guitrman1001 wrote:
It was smooth and Redlands PD was easy to deal with again during the E Check.
It was a great time and talked a few people! I must add that it was a bit funny my cousin off duty with his badge... got more grief from the LEO for Concealed Carrying but didn't have his State Issued LEO ID Card with him. (guess you should have that at all times) My cousin told him just run my badge... he was given professional courtesy and not harassed too much!

I too was surprised that the LEO asked to see if wewds mags were full. What was that all about?

The Redlands Tea Party people were very accepting to us and talked for a while and like what we were doing and invited us to some meetings.

Good night!

Carry On Wayne, Carry on Garth!

Guit
The reason they asked wewd if his magazines were full is because of (insert random PC number). According to the latest legislation if your short/pants have enough pockets to fit a disassembled B52 then you lose your Right to have full magazines.

coolusername2007

imported post

Probably just checking the mags to see if they were hi-cap mags. wewd carries a glock, so theoretically he could have been carrying hi-cap mags that dated the pre-ban era. No difference, he would have been legal. Just thinking the LEO was curious.

wewd

imported post

I think he wanted to see if in fact our mags were loaded as part of the e-check. I took my mag out of the pouch and showed him the top round and he was satisfied by that. He didn't ask to handle them or personally inspect them. I was more curious about why he was asking than anything else. There is no way to tell by a casual glance that a Glock mag is high or low cap. But Redlands PD have been very cool and professional thus far so I have no complaints with them.