• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Springs, good OC territory?

bomber

imported post

as far as i know, it shouldn't be a big deal. I plan on giving it a shot myself this weekend.

laylow

imported post

I'll be in the Springs for Christmas. Is there anything special as far as restaurants?

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

laylow wrote:
I'll be in the Springs for Christmas. Is there anything special as far as restaurants?
You mean as far as the legality of carrying into a restaurant? Or are you asking which restaurants are good?

I'll go ahead and answer both. As far as carrying in a restaurant, there's no problem. Heck, you can even open carry into a bar here as long as you don't drink.

One restaurant you have to go to is Rock Bottom off of Powers. Get the Brewer's Club with the Stout Onion Soup. You will not be sorry!

mahkagari

imported post

Ian wrote:
Get the Brewer's Club with the Stout Onion Soup. You will not be sorry!
Nomnomnomnomnom. I wonder if they have those at othe Rock Bottoms.

Felixhead

imported post

I open carry in C/S all the time with no issue.I have been asked if I was a Police officer and I say no there is no law saying I cant, so I do.

I was thinking about O/C in the Chapill Hills Mall since I have never seen a sign saying I cant. Any insight to this?

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

Felixhead wrote:
I was thinking about O/C in the Chapill Hills Mall since I have never seen a sign saying I cant. Any insight to this?

There are a couple of first-hand reports of OC encounters at Chapel Hills being met with security and told to leave. Similarly I read of someone who called the mall manager about a well hidden "firearms prohibited" sign at the mall entrance. The mall manager checked with HQ in Chicago (go figure....) and said "no guns even concealed with a valid permit".

I haven't set foot in either mall in quite a long time in part because I don't like them anyway. This is just one more reason....

If you feel like pushing the issue, give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

colorado slick

imported post

Laylow, I was in the Springs last year and carried everywhere I went including restuarants. I was carrying my Springfield 1911-a1, stainless steel so it wasn't hard to see. I had no problems. Not even a second glance. All the same, lEO's might try to hassel you so be cool.

Colorado Slick

bomber

imported post

I OC'ed at the goodwill on Powers with no issues last weekend.

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

So far the only comment/question I've had in a public setting was at the downtown Jimmy Johns sandwich shop (and it was asked to me, about my g/f.....I guess he didn't see that I was OCing also :cool:) and it was "Did she just come from the range?"

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Felixhead wrote:
I open carry in C/S all the time with no issue.I have been asked if I was a Police officer and I say no there is no law saying I cant, so I do.

I would just advise you stay away from that area all together. Very trashy place and there's much better places to shop in town. But if you do go there definitely bring a gun, I'm just sayin :)

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

since9 wrote:
Anyone who wants to get together for coffee, donuts, breakfast, etc. here in the Springs, drop me a line.

I'm there.
I'm always down. Gotta be careful getting donuts, they might try to get us on impersonation! ;)

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

mahkagari wrote:
Ian wrote:
Get the Brewer's Club with the Stout Onion Soup. You will not be sorry!
Nomnomnomnomnom. I wonder if they have those at othe Rock Bottoms.
I'd imagine they do. I also know there's one just south of Denver as well.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
Felixhead wrote:

There are a couple of first-hand reports of OC encounters at Chapel Hills being met with security and told to leave. Similarly I read of someone who called the mall manager about a well hidden "firearms prohibited" sign at the mall entrance. The mall manager checked with HQ in Chicago (go figure....) and said "no guns even concealed with a valid permit".

I haven't set foot in either mall in quite a long time in part because I don't like them anyway. This is just one more reason....

If you feel like pushing the issue, give it a try and let us know how it turns out.
You do realize that their policy doesn't really matter if you're concealing because there's no way they would know. As long as they don't physically ask you to leave, you're good to go.