Thread: The War of Words "The Gun Show Loophole" - Call it a Gun Collector Criminalization Law ins

Post imported post

We must hammer home the consequences of Creigh Deeds endorsement of outlawing private sales at gun shows.

Creigh Deeds wants to turn federally licensed gun collectors into criminals.

Federally licensed Curio and Relic GUn Collectors cannot conduct background checks. Federally Licensed Dealers cannot conduct background checks on out of state buyers.

Interstate buyers sellers and traders,would be turned into criminals even though they have federal curio and relic licenses. There is no curio and relic license exception to the legislation he supports.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

can you cite to the federal statute allowing nonresident C&R licensees to buy guns from private parties?

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    We must hammer home the consequences of Creigh Deeds endorsement of outlawing private sales at gun shows.

Federally licensed Curio and Relic GUn Collectors cannot conduct background checks. Federally Licensed Dealers cannot conduct background checks on out of state buyers.

Interstate buyers sellers and traders,would be turned into criminals even though they have federal curio and relic licenses. There is no curio and relic license exception to the legislation he supports.

Surely an unintended consequence, if a consequence at all.

Deeds bill created an exception for antique arms sales.

Post imported post

The Donkey wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

Surely an unintended consequence, if a consequence at all.

Deeds bill created an exception for antique arms sales.
    Antiques are not even firearms Donkey. It does not matter if you think it is an unintended consequence for the gun grabber. I am glad you agree Donkey, Creigh Deeds wants to turn federally licensed gun collectors into criminals.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    can you cite to the federal statute allowing nonresident C&R licensees to buy guns from private parties?
    You miss the point Mike. C&R Licensees are allowed to buy sell and trade Curios and relics from each other regardless of their state of residence (We are talking federal law here, not state law).

As a C&R license holder I can buy sell or trade with collectors from any state. Suppose I wanted to sell my 1918 German Luger worth thousands of dollars to a licensed collector from Kentucky at the Hampton S&G Gun Show.

Would any Federal laws be broken? No I would record his FFL # in my bound book and sell or trade my Luger to him.

Could a Federal Dealer transfer the pistol to the lucky Kentuckian? No (They are not allowed to transfer any handgun to a resident of another state.)

Does it violate Virginia Law now? No

Would it violate Virginia Law if Deeds Gun Grabbing law took effect? Yes

Therefore Creigh Deeds wants to turn Federally Licensed Gun Collectors into criminals. This will also seriously hurt Virginia Gun Shows.

The site for C&R Licenses:Gun Control Act of 1968, PL 90-618.

Link: http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/gca.htm

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Would any Federal laws be broken? No I would record his FFL # in my bound book and sell or trade my Luger to him. . . .
    The site for C&R Licenses:Gun Control Act of 1968, PL 90-618.

Link: http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/gca.htm
    Can you cite to a particular section of federal code allowing C&R licensees to sell to each other across state lines? I am not familiar with C&R licensee privileges.

Post imported post

At work Mike don't have a lot of time, but read section 487.99:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/1...troduction.pdf

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    You miss the point Mike. C&R Licensees are allowed to buy sell and trade Curios and relics from each other regardless of their state of residence (We are talking federal law here, not state law).

As a C&R license holder I can buy sell or trade with collectors from any state. Suppose I wanted to sell my 1918 German Luger worth thousands of dollars to a licensed collector from Kentucky at the Hampton S&G Gun Show.

Would any Federal laws be broken? No I would record his FFL # in my bound book and sell or trade my Luger to him.

Could a Federal Dealer transfer the pistol to the lucky Kentuckian? No (They are not allowed to transfer any handgun to a resident of another state.)
    Yes, an 01 can transfer to a non-resident 03 just the same way you would: logged out as a disposition to another FFL.