• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The War of Words "The Gun Show Loophole" - Call it a Gun Collector Criminalization Law ins

Thundar

imported post

We must hammer home the consequences of Creigh Deeds endorsement of outlawing private sales at gun shows.

Creigh Deeds wants to turn federally licensed gun collectors into criminals.

Federally licensed Curio and Relic GUn Collectors cannot conduct background checks. Federally Licensed Dealers cannot conduct background checks on out of state buyers.

Interstate buyers sellers and traders,would be turned into criminals even though they have federal curio and relic licenses. There is no curio and relic license exception to the legislation he supports.

The Donkey

imported post

Thundar wrote:
We must hammer home the consequences of Creigh Deeds endorsement of outlawing private sales at gun shows.

Federally licensed Curio and Relic GUn Collectors cannot conduct background checks. Federally Licensed Dealers cannot conduct background checks on out of state buyers.

Interstate buyers sellers and traders,would be turned into criminals even though they have federal curio and relic licenses. There is no curio and relic license exception to the legislation he supports.
Surely an unintended consequence, if a consequence at all.

Deeds bill created an exception for antique arms sales.

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Thundar wrote:

Surely an unintended consequence, if a consequence at all.

Deeds bill created an exception for antique arms sales.
Antiques are not even firearms Donkey. It does not matter if you think it is an unintended consequence for the gun grabber. I am glad you agree Donkey, Creigh Deeds wants to turn federally licensed gun collectors into criminals.

Thundar

imported post

Mike wrote:
can you cite to the federal statute allowing nonresident C&R licensees to buy guns from private parties?

You miss the point Mike. C&R Licensees are allowed to buy sell and trade Curios and relics from each other regardless of their state of residence (We are talking federal law here, not state law).

As a C&R license holder I can buy sell or trade with collectors from any state. Suppose I wanted to sell my 1918 German Luger worth thousands of dollars to a licensed collector from Kentucky at the Hampton S&G Gun Show.

Would any Federal laws be broken? No I would record his FFL # in my bound book and sell or trade my Luger to him.

Could a Federal Dealer transfer the pistol to the lucky Kentuckian? No (They are not allowed to transfer any handgun to a resident of another state.)

Does it violate Virginia Law now? No

Would it violate Virginia Law if Deeds Gun Grabbing law took effect? Yes

Therefore Creigh Deeds wants to turn Federally Licensed Gun Collectors into criminals. This will also seriously hurt Virginia Gun Shows.

The site for C&R Licenses:Gun Control Act of 1968, PL 90-618.

Link: http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/gca.htm

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Thundar wrote:
Would any Federal laws be broken? No I would record his FFL # in my bound book and sell or trade my Luger to him. . . .
The site for C&R Licenses:Gun Control Act of 1968, PL 90-618.

Link: http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/gca.htm
Can you cite to a particular section of federal code allowing C&R licensees to sell to each other across state lines? I am not familiar with C&R licensee privileges.

KBCraig

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Mike wrote:
can you cite to the federal statute allowing nonresident C&R licensees to buy guns from private parties?

You miss the point Mike. C&R Licensees are allowed to buy sell and trade Curios and relics from each other regardless of their state of residence (We are talking federal law here, not state law).

As a C&R license holder I can buy sell or trade with collectors from any state. Suppose I wanted to sell my 1918 German Luger worth thousands of dollars to a licensed collector from Kentucky at the Hampton S&G Gun Show.

Would any Federal laws be broken? No I would record his FFL # in my bound book and sell or trade my Luger to him.

Could a Federal Dealer transfer the pistol to the lucky Kentuckian? No (They are not allowed to transfer any handgun to a resident of another state.)
Yes, an 01 can transfer to a non-resident 03 just the same way you would: logged out as a disposition to another FFL.