• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call from NRA

Hillmann

imported post

I got a call from the nra on Saturday. They were doing a survey about the U.N. treaties banning guns. When I was on the phone with them I pointed out that the NRA supporting CCW will do more harm to us in Wisconsin then good.

I explained how there are only a couple laws in or way from being able to carry wherever and however we want.( Gun Free School Zone law, DNR restrictions on gun transportation and the law banning concealed carry). And if those laws were removed Wisconsin would be one of the most gun friendly states.

I also told him that if the nra gets behind passing a ccw law in Wisconsin it would restrict us more than we are now because we would be trading a right for a privilege that the government has controlover and can regulate heavily until it is almost impossible to carry a gun(you know that is there plan because it is being prepoused by people who are completely anti gun). And if ccw passes we would loose or ability to fight for gun rights on constitutional grounds once the second it incorperated to the states.

The man I was talking to seamed to be intrested in what I was saying and taking notes. If enough people let the NRA know what we want we could get them on our side instead of them blindly fighting to get ccw in all fifty states no matter what damage they do.

So if you get a call from the NRA let them know what you want.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Most NRA phone calls have one common denominator, money, but Hillman you are correct that we should use every opportunity we can to let it know our opinion concerning it's involvement in our right to keep and bear arms. Including when we don't want the NRA to meddle in them. As far as I'm concerned you did well.

Beyond money I'm not sure what the NRA's interest is in the U.N. gun ban initiatives are. The second amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the federal supreme court ruling that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, will surely limit the U.S. involvement in a world wide ban on personal firearms.

Hillmann

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Beyond money I'm not sure what the NRA's interest is in the U.N. gun ban initiatives are. The second amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the federal supreme court ruling that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, will surely limit the U.S. involvement in a world wide ban on personal firearms.
They said if the treaties that are being worked on behind closed doorspass the will override the Constitution and will never expire. I also told him in answer to his question that I thought the US should withdraw from the UN, cut off funding, kick their headquarters off US soil and not recognise them as a any type of governing body.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hillmann wrote:
Lammie wrote:
They said if the treaties that are being worked on behind closed doorspass the will override the Constitution and will never expire. I also told him in answer to his question that I thought the US should withdraw from the UN, cut off funding, kick their headquarters off US soil and not recognise them as a any type of governing body.
I belong to the NRA as most of us should, but NRA emails, junk mail you get in the mAIL box & telephone cALLS are all about money how much more you can give them they always want more. It does get old.

32HR MAG

imported post

I answered the same call a few days back.My answer was similar to yours.I asked them to also remove my name from whatever list they found it on.

NRA---Not Ready for America

AaronS

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
Lammie wrote:
Nice to see that I am not the only person that would like to see America out of the UN. I would also like to see our "free" trade agreements void. I never did understand how this new world order stuff was going to help any American in the first place. Bad for us, and bad for the US...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AaronS wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
Lammie wrote:
Nice to see that I am not the only person that would like to see America out of the UN. I would also like to see our "free" trade agreements void. I never did understand how this new world order stuff was going to help any American in the first place. Bad for us, and bad for the US...
100 % agreed & close the foregn ( < spelling) aid check book, we have our own starving & poor.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Oath of office:

President:

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1 (President only)

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Vice President and Congress:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God. Congress:

Supreme Court:

"I, [NAME], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [TITLE] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."

emphasis: mine.

Those oaths and the ruling by the USSC that the Second amendment of the U.S. Constitution is an individual right, in my opinion would make it very difficult for the U.S. to enter into any U.N. agreement to prohibit ownership of personal firearms. Most certainly the USSC would find such a restriction as being unreasonable.

The bottom line of the NRA is money.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
AaronS wrote:
Hillmann wrote:
Lammie wrote:
100 % agreed & close the foregn ( < spelling) aid check book, we have our own starving & poor.
And close the borders as well.

Hillmann

imported post

Lammie wrote:
I suppose domestic threats could come from terrorists whose domicile is in the U.S.
Domestic threats would be the people elected to office and forget this part of there oath," will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion" Which would be almost all of them who serve more than one term.

32HR MAG

imported post

I think it would be good for any and all firearms enthusiast to check out the pink pistols list,or most any list, of companies that support anti gun action.I could not believe that even Smith & Wesson,s parent company is on the list.

Smith & Wesson ad should say "Buy a S&W to help stop firearm ownership"

Forgot to ad that the NRA offers discounts to some on the list.

NRA ad should say "Join the NRA to end firearm ownership"

bigdaddy1

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
What is an enemy domestic? Against domestic whom must Constitutional officers defend (us)?

HUH????

I would say a domestic enemy is any person(s) or party that would work to undermine the constitution of the United States. Such as a political movement to resind or restrict the constitution in part or in whole.

Wait a blooming minute there, isnt that what the current (and many past) regieme in power are doing now??????

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
What is an enemy domestic? Against domestic whom must Constitutional officers defend (us)?

HUH????

I would say a domestic enemy is any person(s) or party that would work to undermine the constitution of the United States. Such as a political movement to resind or restrict the constitution in part or in whole.

Wait a blooming minute there, isnt that what the current (and many past) regieme in power are doing now??????
a domestic enemy, is ANY one they deem to be a threat. They are teaching their agents that the founding fathers were nothing but America's first terrorists. I thought they were Patriots >> now I might be deemed a threat to the domestic tranquility of this country & labeled a Domestic Enemy.