• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

did any one here received your chp in less than 45 days?

SoldierMedic

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

yup. less than 2 weeks for me. Basically it has to go before a judge to be approved, which amounts to it being in a stack of paper on his desk. So like all paperwork, it's at his leisure. I called the clerk back a week after I submitted my form and asked if it came in. If I remember correctly, she called me back when it came in, and I went and picked it up instead of having them mail it to my house. I was in Virginia Beach, so I don't know how it's going to be for you up in fairfax.

by the way, in Virginia its called a CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit), since handguns are the only thing you can legally conceal with it.

Riana

imported post

I'm in Fairfax county, and I got mine in 27 days. But that was back in March, so it might be longer now.

jadedone4

imported post

In Fairfax County - took the full 45-days (was told Judge was on vacation); I waited until day-30 before contacting the office and getting that update. Day after I called, recieved call-back that the paperwork was signed and that the CHP wouldbe mailed the following morning.

drewf

imported post

30 days for me in James City County, although I received a letter from the police chief within two weeks telling me that he just signed my permit and telling me to keep my weapon safe and secure. I thought that was odd, why not send that correspondence with the CHP.

PS, I'm a new registration but been lurking for a long time, CHP since 1999, only occasionally open carry. This is a great board.

darthmord

imported post

led for breakfast wrote:
i know that by law it should take up to 45 days to receive your cwp

but has any one receive it in less time

i will apply in fairfax court house VA

thank you

When I filed for mine last year in Norfolk VA, it took them 12 days IIRC to let me know it was ready for pick up.

Didn't get it for another couple of days because we were out of town.