• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

did any one here received your chp in less than 45 days?

PeteXD

imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Actually, it sounds like they were technically within the law. Granted, its bs that it takes them 45 days but the law says....

"The court shall issue the permit and notify the State Police of the issuance of the permit within 45 days of receipt of the completed application unless it is determined that the applicant is disqualified".

If they emailed you on day 45 and said that it was ready, then it was "issued" (approved, printed, signed off by the judge, etc) within 45 days.
[/quote] they only emailed me on day 45 BECAUSE I emailed them on day 44. Had I not contacted them, they would have mailed out my permit ON the 45th day (a Friday) and I wouldn't have gotten it until the next week. If I am correct, they have to notify you of permittal/denial BY the 45th day. Which it doesn't seem like they were going to do.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

PeteXD wrote:

"they only emailed me on day 45 BECAUSE I emailed them on day 44. You don't know that for sure. They may have contacted you on day 45 all on their own.

Had I not contacted them, they would have mailed out my permit ON the 45th day (a Friday) and I wouldn't have gotten it until the next week. And that would have been technically within the law. The law doesnt say that the permit must be in your hand on day 45, it says that the permit must be issued by day 45. Now, most people here know that by day 45, they are calling and picking up their permit but if the court approves it and makes it available on day 45, then it has been issued.

If I am correct, they have to notify you of permittal/denial BY the 45th day. Which it doesn't seem like they were going to do" Actually, there's nothing that says they have to notify you of a denial in 45 days, it says that they have to issue a permit within 45 days unless you are denied. You are being notified of the issuance of the permit by the fact that its been issued. If it is not issued, then the denial becomes apparent.[/quote]

Its simply a game of semantics that alot of jurisdictions play.

vbnative73

imported post

Got my 1st one in 2 weeks. My wife got hers in 4 days. I just got my renewal in 4 days.

Gotta love Va Beach! They didn't miss a beat even after laying off a lot of people in the Circuit ourt Clerks Office. Tina Sinnen rules!

Mt Vernon .40

imported post

In May/June '09 My FFX Cty CHP took:

40 days -- counting from when I actually dropped my application in the mailbox

30 days -- counting from when my check to the CWP clerk cleared my bank

GoldDot

imported post

About two weeks including mail time in Lynchburg city. You used to have to go pick them up in person, now the permits are delivered in the mail.

Campbell County took the entire 45 days, delivering the permit by mail on the 45th day.

apollosmom

imported post

Renewal in Gloucester County. Turned in renewal paperwork and check 10/16. Check cleared 10/21. Judge signed 11/2, received in the mailbox 11/5. 21 days, counting weekends!

Interesting, received copy of Court Order, signed by the Judge, Copy=teste signed by the Deputy Court Clerk. Also received a nice letter from the Sheriff.

Happy camper here, to go along with the Clean Sweep on Tuesday, to include the dumping of Her Highness T.A.

mobeewan

imported post

45 days period. The only exception is that if day 45 is on a weekend or holiday then they have until the next following business day. You will not find that in the carry permit laws. There is a specific Va code section (of which I do not remember the number) that talks aboutwhen Virginia government deadlines end on weekends and holidays.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

scarletwahoo wrote:
Oddly enough, in Charlottesville it only took 4 days. That must be a record.

I got mine "over the counter". Just handed over the application. The woman at the counter said, "Oh, you're in luck. The officer who does the backround check just got back from lunch." About five minutes later the officer come by saying the court is on a recess, he would run it past the judge. About ten minutes later he comes back and hands it to the counter woman. She opened the folder and handed me my permit.

Just like that. Total elapsed time, counting the parking garage, 25 minutes.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

PS: The preceding post is malarky. I just get so annoyed that otherscan get their permits lickety-split.

Doggonebraggarts. :D:p