Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2A March rally-Lansing-Speaker suggestions.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

A 2A Rally is scheduled for April 13th from noon-3:00 PM at the State Capitol. I need ideas on speakers for the event. SAM has a very limited budget and can’t afford big name talent so do say Ted Nugent or Tom Selleck, etc…

I’m looking for Michigan personalities that are pro-gun and will speak for a small or no fee. Presidents of the Major Michigan gun organizations are on my list, as is the Michigan representative for the NRA and GOA, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

If a suggested person has ties to Michigan they certainly would be considered as well.

Big Gay Al, do you have anyone in mind to represent the Pink Pistols???

I’m also looking for some entertainment, bands, etc. I need a live band to play the National Anthem as well as play before the start of any speakers. Again looking for people to do this for free.

All suggestions appreciated.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Please don't make the mistake of assuming that Ted Nugent always charges a fee for his appearances. Just ask him anyway and explain the why's and the wherefor's... the worst that can happen is he will say... No.

The best is he just might say.......... Yes, I can stop by for a few minutes for a good cause. Or maybe... Buy me dinner and I'll be there... or ... who knows?

Not sayin' Ted will say anything at all ... much less what I just assumed he might say... but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" ya know.

But I do know that Ted is a true Patriot.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    Please don't make the mistake of assuming that Ted Nugent always charges a fee for his appearances. Just ask him anyway and explain the why's and the wherefor's... the worst that can happen is he will say... No.

The best is he just might say.......... Yes, I can stop by for a few minutes for a good cause. Or maybe... Buy me dinner and I'll be there... or ... who knows?

Not sayin' Ted will say anything at all ... much less what I just assumed he might say... but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" ya know.

But I do know that Ted is a true Patriot.
    We already asked Ted's managerand they want about $45,000 grandfor atalk in D.C. So I most likely won't be asking him to speak in Lansing. He's a patriot for a price. I know his fee to the NRA for their national convention was $40,000, but they can afford it.

Is it possible he may change his mind and do it for cost? Yes, but as of now he's too expensive for SAM so we are looking at other possibilities.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Well... dang!
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

$45,000 for the Nug??? I'll speak for $45...

Post imported post

big name talent thats me I am big have a name and some talent:celebrate

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    big name talent thats me I am big have a name and some talent:celebrate
    Nice
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I'm looking for help here not a stand up routine and a bad one at that.

Put your tiny thinking caps on and give me some names You're all mostly smart intelligent people, some of you should could up with something.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:

Put your tiny thinking caps on and give me some names You're all mostly smart intelligent people, some of you should could up with something.
    How about Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard and Attorney General Mike Cox. Both of these are "Michigan Personalities" who will be running for office next year and who have expressed support for 2A Rights. Sounds like a WIN-WIN to me.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    Venator wrote:

How about Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard and Attorney General Mike Cox. Both of these are "Michigan Personalities" who will be running for office next year and who have expressed support for 2A Rights. Sounds like a WIN-WIN to me.
    See now those are good suggestions. They will go on my list.

Post imported post

Here is the list of Speakers so far for Washington.

DC SPEAKERS:
    [/b]
    Scheduled to speak on April 19th, 20010

Larry Pratt:[/b] President of Gun Owners of America. http://gunowners.org/

Suzanna G. Hupp [/b]served as a Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives from 1997-2007. Ms. Hupp is recognized as a leading advocate for the Second Amendment and an individual's right to carry a concealed weapon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanna_Hupp

[/b]Richard Mack[/b][size=][/b]held office as Sheriff in Graham County, Arizona, and is a long-time crusader for freedom and individual rights as well as an author of several books on those topics. In 1994, Sheriff Mack also challenged the Brady Bill in the Supreme Court of the United States. http://sheriffmack.com/

Lt.[/b] Col[/b] (retired) David Grossman[/b]: Author of at least 8 books on killing and violence. Director of Killology Research Group and is one of the world's foremost experts in the field of human aggression and the roots of violence and violent crime. http://www.killology.com/bio.htm

Reverend Ken Blanchard[/b]: Black man with a gun, Author, speaker, patriot and defender of the 2nd Amendment.
    http://www.blackmanwithagun.com/

Michael Bane:[/b] Writer and host of two outdoor channel TV show on self-defense. http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    TTT

Post imported post

I've always thought the concept of celebrities is vastly over rated.

If we can get every serious Michigan gun rights organization to be there, with a few good speakers, and lots of press, that is all that will count.

Having 4 or 5 hundred mostly armed people show up should be the goal, not having some big names show up.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Probably a bad analogy but....

Kinda look at it (SAM) as a bar. Some bars have entertainment for the weekends in an attempt to increase clientele thereby increasing revenue. Personally, I kind of doubt--out of several hundred armed marchers--that mostwould reallycare less if the Nuge was up on stage singing "Kiss My Glock." But, I know what you're sayn' and have to agree.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

What about someone from our organization? I hear our President is good at giving speeches?

Post imported post

TTT

Jeff, are you still good to go with the carpool?

Post imported post

Mr. Mike Cox ?

Post imported post

Venator I will be seeing Mike Cox this weekend. If you want to send me something I can print it out and hand it to him if you'd like.

Mike

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Still taking suggestions?

Representative Joel Sheltrown - introduced HR 36 (A resolution to reaffirm the right to bear arms under the Michigan Constitution)

Representative Phil Pavlov - HB 5232 "Michigan firearms freedom act"

Representative Paul Opsommer - HCR 0004
    A concurrent resolution to affirm Michigan's sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and to urge the federal government to halt its practice of imposing mandates upon the states for purposes not enumerated by the Constitution of the United States.

John Pierce and Mike Stollenwerk

Post imported post

I definitely recommend Senator John Thune although he's not from Michigan

Post imported post

might nugent charge much less for something more local?

i mean he has his ranch in jackson,which isnt even a full hour away....

most gun owners wouldnt especially care that he is there,but it'd draw even more media attention,which would draw more people to the cause.

might i also suggest the guy that stopped that bank robbery in canton a couple years back?he doesnt seem to be what id call an advocate,but he experienced self defense,and it was a VERY well media covered SD tale.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    might nugent charge much less for something more local?

i mean he has his ranch in jackson,which isnt even a full hour away....

most gun owners wouldnt especially care that he is there,but it'd draw even more media attention,which would draw more people to the cause.

might i also suggest the guy that stopped that bank robbery in canton a couple years back?he doesnt seem to be what id call an advocate,but he experienced self defense,and it was a VERY well media covered SD tale.
    TED has asked us not to email him anymore. So I assume that's a no.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    TED has asked us not to email him anymore. So I assume that's a no.
    That's convenient, because I would be offended by his mere presence.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Banned

Post imported post

M&M!! just kidding

Representative Eileen Kowall. She is pro A2. I met with her once, when I showed her my XD, she told me she garries a S&W titanium .38

Where are we going to officially meet, is there a specific spot, or do we just show up while OCing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast