• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A March rally-Lansing-Speaker suggestions.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

A 2A Rally is scheduled for April 13[suP]th[/suP] from noon-3:00 PM at the State Capitol. I need ideas on speakers for the event. SAM has a very limited budget and can’t afford big name talent so do say Ted Nugent or Tom Selleck, etc…

I’m looking for Michigan personalities that are pro-gun and will speak for a small or no fee. Presidents of the Major Michigan gun organizations are on my list, as is the Michigan representative for the NRA and GOA, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

If a suggested person has ties to Michigan they certainly would be considered as well.

Big Gay Al, do you have anyone in mind to represent the Pink Pistols???

I’m also looking for some entertainment, bands, etc. I need a live band to play the National Anthem as well as play before the start of any speakers. Again looking for people to do this for free.

All suggestions appreciated.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Please don't make the mistake of assuming that Ted Nugent always charges a fee for his appearances. Just ask him anyway and explain the why's and the wherefor's... the worst that can happen is he will say... No.

The best is he just might say.......... Yes, I can stop by for a few minutes for a good cause. Or maybe... Buy me dinner and I'll be there... or ... who knows?

Not sayin' Ted will say anything at all ... much less what I just assumed he might say... but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" ya know.

But I do know that Ted is a true Patriot.

Venator

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Please don't make the mistake of assuming that Ted Nugent always charges a fee for his appearances. Just ask him anyway and explain the why's and the wherefor's... the worst that can happen is he will say... No.

The best is he just might say.......... Yes, I can stop by for a few minutes for a good cause. Or maybe... Buy me dinner and I'll be there... or ... who knows?

Not sayin' Ted will say anything at all ... much less what I just assumed he might say... but "nothing ventured, nothing gained" ya know.

But I do know that Ted is a true Patriot.
We already asked Ted's managerand they want about $45,000 grandfor atalk in D.C. So I most likely won't be asking him to speak in Lansing. He's a patriot for a price. I know his fee to the NRA for their national convention was $40,000, but they can afford it.

Is it possible he may change his mind and do it for cost? Yes, but as of now he's too expensive for SAM so we are looking at other possibilities.

Venator

imported post

I'm looking for help here not a stand up routine and a bad one at that.;)

Put your tiny thinking caps on and give me some names:idea: You're all mostly smart intelligent people, some of you should could up with something.:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:
:idea:

PDinDetroit

imported post

Venator wrote:

Put your tiny thinking caps on and give me some names:idea: You're all mostly smart intelligent people, some of you should could up with something.:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:
How about Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard and Attorney General Mike Cox. Both of these are "Michigan Personalities" who will be running for office next year and who have expressed support for 2A Rights. Sounds like a WIN-WIN to me.

Venator

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
Venator wrote:

How about Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard and Attorney General Mike Cox. Both of these are "Michigan Personalities" who will be running for office next year and who have expressed support for 2A Rights. Sounds like a WIN-WIN to me.
See now those are good suggestions. They will go on my list.

Venator

imported post

Here is the list of Speakers so far for Washington.

DC SPEAKERS:
[/b]
Scheduled to speak on April 19[suP]th[/suP], 20010

Larry Pratt:[/b] President of Gun Owners of America. http://gunowners.org/

Suzanna G. Hupp [/b]served as a Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives from 1997-2007. Ms. Hupp is recognized as a leading advocate for the Second Amendment and an individual's right to carry a concealed weapon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanna_Hupp

[/b]Richard Mack[/b][size=][/b]held office as Sheriff in Graham County, Arizona, and is a long-time crusader for freedom and individual rights as well as an author of several books on those topics. In 1994, Sheriff Mack also challenged the Brady Bill in the Supreme Court of the United States. http://sheriffmack.com/

Lt.[/b] Col[/b] (retired) David Grossman[/b]: Author of at least 8 books on killing and violence. Director of Killology Research Group and is one of the world's foremost experts in the field of human aggression and the roots of violence and violent crime. http://www.killology.com/bio.htm

Reverend Ken Blanchard[/b]: Black man with a gun, Author, speaker, patriot and defender of the 2[suP]nd[/suP] Amendment.
http://www.blackmanwithagun.com/

Michael Bane:[/b] Writer and host of two outdoor channel TV show on self-defense. http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/

Michigander

imported post

I've always thought the concept of celebrities is vastly over rated.

If we can get every serious Michigan gun rights organization to be there, with a few good speakers, and lots of press, that is all that will count.

Having 4 or 5 hundred mostly armed people show up should be the goal, not having some big names show up.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Probably a bad analogy but....

Kinda look at it (SAM) as a bar. Some bars have entertainment for the weekends in an attempt to increase clientele thereby increasing revenue. Personally, I kind of doubt--out of several hundred armed marchers--that mostwould reallycare less if the Nuge was up on stage singing "Kiss My Glock." :) But, I know what you're sayn' and have to agree.

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

Still taking suggestions?

Representative Joel Sheltrown - introduced HR 36 (A resolution to reaffirm the right to bear arms under the Michigan Constitution)

Representative Phil Pavlov - HB 5232 "Michigan firearms freedom act"

Representative Paul Opsommer - HCR 0004
A concurrent resolution to affirm Michigan's sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and to urge the federal government to halt its practice of imposing mandates upon the states for purposes not enumerated by the Constitution of the United States.

John Pierce and Mike Stollenwerk