• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

popped my....well you know

bomber

imported post

first open carry today. Home depot in Aurora on Parker rd. i was pretty nervous. I was walking pretty fast. I did stop on my way in to talk to the greeter and ask him a question. I have no idea if anyone noticed. I was in there for less than 5 minutes.

now that that's out of the way, I am looking forward to doing this a lot more.

i am pretty young, and with my style of dress, no one is ever going to confuse me with a cop. so I am sure some kind of negative encounter is only a matter of time. thanks to this forum though, I feel like I have the information I need to be prepared so thanks for that everyone!

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Sounds like a good encounter. Home depot usually doesn't have a problem with open carry. In fact, I was getting some plywood cut a few months ago and me and the guy were talking guns for about 20 minutes after he complimented me on my holster.

mahkagari

imported post

I usually go to HD to take my daughters to the kids' crafts. Last time we went was also the Firestone Public Safety day with car seat checks and fire department rescue demos (Jaws of Life rule!). I prioritized to leave mysidearm at home. I should have at least worn a holster in retrospect.

With some more OC, I'll be more comfortable carrying to the craft days. A weapon I'm uncomfortable with is a weapon used against me.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

turbodog wrote:
RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
Never had any trouble at HD when OC.

I've heard that's not the case at Lowes but not experienced that firsthand.
I've carried several times at a local Lowes down here with no problem.
Same.

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

Congratulations on this, its funny that you mention the level of concern, excitment or fear that is associated with this. I have been OC'ing in the neighborhood when walking the dogs, or around town. Even have had some nice encounters with my n neighbors. Explained that it is about Education and Safety but have been reluctant to carry into any business'. Read all the pro/cons about Walmart and not really interested in testing local law enforcement. I did have a nice conversation with local CR Corpral who was very pro open carry so I need to overcome my fears as well. Thanks for sharing.

bomber

imported post

If you read the colorado forum though, it really looks like there aren't that many people who are having issues with the general public or businesses. Overall, I think its a pretty routine thing to have no one notice or say anything. Anyway, I plan to continue to get used to it. I was nervous the first time on a lot of other things that now seem totally natural. :lol:

bomber

imported post

I was at it again today, and it was much more comfortable. I was at a gas station. No one noticed, I'm fairly sure. Anyway, I'm feeling better already.