• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[UPDATE] Midland County Department of Human Services Firearm Policy

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
It is a county agency.

That's why it's call the Midland County Department of Human Services and not the Michigan Department of Social Services.
Could it not be simply a geographic division of a state program? For example, Joeblow county golf club repair, isn't a county operation.
Ask if all the employees are county or state. That can be done with a phone call.

G

imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
I'm making the call right now.
Me too. No answer... keeps ringing. Calling Oakland County.

Google leads to state web site.

I guess they're state then.

My bad.

Still no answer. Call back later.

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

They are employed by the state. However, a 2nd answer from another office would be good.

I asked "Are the employees of the DHS employed by the county or the state?".

I guess it's time to write one of those letters "People who intend to commit crimes already are not abidding the law. Your PFZ sign only serves to restrict law abidding citizens who could .. etc etc you all know this story"

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

Thank you for your response and for citing statutes.

It may arguably remain legal for the "conduct of those entering the property to be controlled for the maintenance of good order" (considering the statute appears to be written primarily for the upkeep of the physical property to prevent damages), it does not remain logical.

A person with criminal intent, obviously does not have a conscience to obey rules or law. By creating this regulation, the Midland County DHS is only prohibiting those people who DO follow the law. This being said, when or if a criminal intends to commit serious bodily harm or death to the people within the building, the Gun Free Zone has eliminated any possibility of prevention or defense. Police take minutes to arrive, and deadly assaults from criminals take seconds. Your Gun Free Zone is in turn, only serving to further endanger the innocent people in the building by disarming those trained and willing to take defensive action against hostile thugs.

I would strongly urge the Midland County DHS, and all others, to consider this world proven FACT and retract the gun free zone restriction.

Thank you for your time and consideration

The deed has been done.