I would prefer to avoid bashing any member, but I must point out that Mr. German suggestedthe novel idea of the county resolutions for Wisconsin. He put a great deal of time into them, gathering signature, etc. It was at the point where the resolutions/petitions were submitted that Mr. German veered from his stated course.
My concern for his suggestion is that it does indeed come from an "instructor" who stands to gain financially from what was suggested. In addition, I thought he (German) was a Minnesota resident. I would hope that our legislature would take input from state residents rather than non-residents.
Having said that, there is merit to SOME of what he suggests.
Here is my plan:
1. Any adult, or emancipated minor may poses a firearm and/or CC permit. Said individuals do not have a duty to retreat anywhere they may lawfully be.
2. No landlord may post or restrict.
3. A CC permitting system, with reciprocity with the other states.
4. CC permits should be something we apply for at the SAME places we buy our firearms. The same background check is sufficient. If I can purchase the firearm, then I get the permit. I would accept a small processing fee payable to the state for printing/mailing the permit.
5. Voluntary inclusion on a "law enforcement" list.
6. If any individual has a defensive gun use and is found not criminally liable by court order or investigation, they are granted immunity from civil prosecution.
7. The penalty for violating a permit holders rights (unlawful posting, unlawful detainmentfor example) is a $5,000 fine per permit holder per occurrence. This applies to ALL individuals including LEO who are individually responsible for said forfeiture.
8. If you loose your abilityto legally possess a firearm, then you loose the permit. This is the ONLY way to loose the permit.
9. The issuing authority is not liable for the acts of permit holders.
We use this as a start then repeal the tavern, and school zone laws.