• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OCing

Reapster

imported post

Today I OC for the first time, really nothing to tell went to an old employer to buy some leather I needed for a job I was doing then to Harbor tool and frieght looking for some magnets.

I was OC my 1911, wish I had more to tell but it was uneventful other than it was my first time....what do they say about your first time again?

scorpioajr

imported post

Reapster wrote:
Today I OC for the first time, really nothing to tell...
I find that when I OC, it is 98% uneventful.
I feel like I draw more attention when I CC, fiddling with my clothes, making sure I'm not printing, etc. CCing was great, but I prefer OC for sure.

Its been said before: Most peoples brains end up thinking you're carrying a Blackberry cell phone rather than a piece. :lol:

Hopefully by now dispatchers have been properly educated to deal with 911 the caller before flashing a MWAG alert to LEOs. That helps considerably I bet.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Hopefully by now dispatchers have been properly educated to deal with 911 the caller before flashing a MWAG alert to LEOs. That helps considerably I bet.
Maybe in Utah county, but I'm not too sure about those Salt Lake County dispatchers. ;)

Congrats on your first OC, and may you have many more uneventful outings with your 1911. :p

b1ack5mith

imported post

glad to see a new OCer! im actually back in the market for a semi auto, im too much of a wuss to carry my .357 with the western rig, around town anyway, im fine when i carry it when i go fishing or into the wilderness, just get too many "leave it in the car" type things when i go into walmart and stuff :p

saw a glock 17 on KSL earlier for 425$, pretty good deal id say! thinking about getting a p22 or sig mosquito so i can put a threaded barrel on it for a suppressor :p

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Awesome! Glad it went good for ya. I was pretty nervous the first time I OC. I'm pretty tall, so most people see it at nearly eye level. The most stressful time was the first time I was in a checkout line full of people and had to keep my situational awareness at a peak without looking paranoid. :) My gun is an XD 45 Compact, but it's still a pretty large and heavy chuck to tote around and draws attention when worn against a whit T-Shirt. I seem to get the least amount of looks when I wear it against darker clothing.

Kevin

ScottyT

imported post

Congrats on your first OC! I have been doing it for over 18 months in SLC and haven't had a single negative or LEO encounter in all that time.

Come on out to dinner with us on November 5, it is great to OC around dozens of other people doing the same!

Reapster

imported post

Yeah I will have to make it to one of the events, I am glad to find this community of people practicing their rights. I could still learn a lot though I would like to get really familiar with the laws so if I ever do get into a bad situation with a cop/security/whoever that I will be able to handle the situation the best that I can.

Thank you all for your kindness everyone, although I should not be suprised I have never had a bad experience with"gun people" I was raised around firearms and have always found it nice that usually people involved in gun rights or shooting are usually really civil and polite generally speaking,it is refreshing in this day and age of rude people and the cold world we live in anymore.