• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello, new to the forum

Davis0911

imported post

Hello,
My name is Jerry, ya'll can call me Davis I am a felllow OC advocate(though I am new to the idea), and look forward to meeting/knowing all of the fellow UT members better. I was referred to the site by geneticsdave, and am excited to find fellow firarms enthusiasts in my area.

I currently am contracted with the US army(HOOAH!) and will no doubt be an infantry officer by 2011. I plan on going to airborne, and ranger school, and am addicted to firearms.

So, in short, I am excited to meet ya'll and look forward to it,
Davis

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

It looks as if winning a GLOCK was all it took for Dave to crawl out from under his rock, and start spreading the good word again. :D

As I leave the Army, you may take my place. :lol: Welcome to OCDO!!! :monkey

Davis0911

imported post

wow!
wasn't expecting responses so quickly.
I carry a glock 27, or glock 23 :D
I am from Sandy but now live in SL.
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas

Davis

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Yup. This is a good group of carriers. :) Visit and post often and let us know your OC experiences. That's cool you are from Sandy. I used to live a block away from Iron Mesa Elementary on top of the hill. Some of the best and worst years of my life were spent there.

Kevin

Davis0911

imported post

It would be nice to go to dinner with you fine gentlemen on the 5th however, I have an FTX at camp williams that entire weekend, and Thursday is my last day in town so I gotta square some things away. Thanks for the offer. I hope I can catch ya'll at the next dinner.

Davis

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I always had fun at Camp Williams. It seems that was the only installation that had enough ammo that we could use for fun after qualification.

thx997303

imported post

We always had plenty at FT Sill.

I was regularly put on "Ammo Disposal Detail" :)

It was fun out shooting the Drill Sergeants.

We were on a 50 yard range once, and DS Sugg, AKA Sugglife, was shooting very tiny groups with an M-16

When he asked if anybody could do better than him, I raised my hand.

I shot a group about the same size as his, all holes touching.

He told me that I couldn't do it again.

I shot two groups the same for eyes and a big grin for a near perfect smiley face.

I got smoked for being a smart ass :)