• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warchilds father passed away last night.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Jerry, So sorry to hear of your dads passing. I know he is at peace now. He lived a long and good life, stay strong.

With Sympathy, Brian

Added:

Funeral info for Jerry's Dad.

Ova Brewer was wounded on Omaha Beach during D-Day. And then later at the hedge rows after recovering from his first wounds. I don't know if he was lucky or not, but he survived being wounded twice in some of the worst fighting of the war. He was awarded a bronze starand received a purple heart as well as other campaign ribbons.

Ova Brewer

Funeral Services: Mowen Funeral Home 989-729-4663
409 W. Main St.Owosso, Mi.

Visitation:Friday- Oct. 23 - 3p.m. to 8p.m.
Saturday: Oct. 24 – 9a.m. to 1p.m.

Funeral Service:Saturday: 2 p.m.
Military Honor Guard at graveside: provided by the Birch Run V.F.W.
Benefit Dinner after burial:
Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at Venice Township Hall

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Jerry,

Both Nena and I want to extend our deepest sympathy on your father's passing. Although it is little consolation at this sad time, it must be gratifying to know that in his passing we celebrate the end of a very long and productive life.

In Sympathy,

Douglas Holloway

WARCHILD

imported post

I thank you all for your thoughts and condolences. Our grief is tempered with the knowledge he is in a better place and not suffering any more. It's hard to lose a love one, but harder to see them suffer. When times are darkest, my family and friends keep a light in the window.
Thank you all so very much.
Jerry Brewer

Michigander

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Our grief is tempered with the knowledge he is in a better place and not suffering any more. It's hard to lose a love one, but harder to see them suffer.
Exactly. My mom and dad are alive and well, and so is my brother, so I've never had to experience a loss that close, but when I've lost aunts uncles and grandparents, I've always been content with the fact that their suffering is forever gone, and that they're back together with family and friends they lost long ago.

It can indeed be made easier when someone is on life support for a while, or is otherwise in real bad shape, to the point where you go and ask God to take them home swiftly and gently.

Anyway, my sympathies to you and your family.
:(

PDinDetroit

imported post

Jerry - I am glad that he has passed, as we previously discussed in PM, as his suffering is over now and he has gone home to his reward. I pray that God will send His Comforter, The Holy Spirit, to you and your family in this time of temporary loss. You will see him again!

My dad passed away 4 years ago this month, with this year being the easiest so far for me (2nd year was a BEOTCH). This year was the most difficult for my mother - they were married for 55 years and she lives alone by choice. I miss him at times but am comforted by the knowledge that he was proud of the man I had become, nothing was left unsaid between us, and he saw me shoot 2 under par one of the last times we played Golf together (he was a golf pro for his life's work).

Please know that you are not alone. Please reach out for help as you have need.

Paul Dalrymple

B

Bikenut

imported post

Prayers being said for you and the family by Yooperlady and myself.....