• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warchilds father passed away last night.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Funeral info for Jerry's Dad.

Ova Brewer was wounded on Omaha Beach during D-Day. And then later at the hedge rows after recovering from his first wounds. I don't know if he was lucky or not, but he survived being wounded twice in some of the worst fighting of the war. He was awarded a bronze starand received a purple heart as well as other campaign ribbons.

Ova Brewer

Funeral Services: Mowen Funeral Home 989-729-4663
409 W. Main St.Owosso, Mi.

Visitation:Friday- Oct. 23 - 3p.m. to 8p.m.
Saturday: Oct. 24 – 9a.m. to 1p.m.

Funeral Service:Saturday: 2 p.m.
Military Honor Guard at graveside: provided by the Birch Run V.F.W.
Benefit Dinner after burial:
Saturday at 4:30 p.m. at Venice Township Hall

WARCHILD

imported post

Correction: The dinner location has been changed to the Venice township hall.

Thank you Brian, even though you know my feelings on posting this...waaaay off topic.

I have told my family of the prayers and condolences from the members of this forum. We all send our deepest thanks and appreciation. I will say to anyone who has negative comments about the people of this forum; just look at the joining and support this group pulls together when even a single member needs any assistance. I for one am truly proud and thankful to have acquired the friendship and support of the people here.
Jerry Brewer & Family

Milbars

imported post

Ova- From one vet to another, thanks for your service and your bravery in your country's time of need. We forever owe you more than can be paid. Rest easy soldier, we'll carry the flag for you.

Jerry- On behalf of my family all over Michigan and my wife and I in Virginia, our deepest sympathies and condolences.

Michigander

imported post

Venator wrote:
Ova Brewer was wounded on Omaha Beach during D-Day. And then later at the hedge rows after recovering from his first wounds.

:shock:

Count me among the greatful nation the Honor Guard will mention. Greatful free world is actually more like it.

WARCHILD

imported post

The service went well today. Dad is resting in the place he had chosen. Our deepest appreciation for all your thoughts and prayers. Also our gratitude to Dan Ragan and the Honor Guard from the Birch Run V.F.W. post. My salute and well done gentlemen.

My family thanks all of you.
Jerry