• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shoulder Holsters

G

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
I agree with those that think its a bad idea... for the same reasons. Basically, I don't want a gun pointed at me, period,whether its unloaded, on a shelf by itself, or in a box with a fox.

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

Take my advice... I'm not using it.

DSC01703.jpg
if you really want to be that way, and make this a personal berrating... then you might want to note that in the picture, its pointing at the ground.
It's not a personal berating. You've got a gun pointed at your foot with every step you take.

You're the one that said you for one don't want a gun pointed at you. But there you are doing it.

It is a nice picture of you though.

EM87

imported post

Yosemite Sam wrote:
Not all shoulder holsters are bad! My Galco is adjustable to point up/down where ever I want it. And Police Detectives have used them for years! Even if you have a regular holster the gun could fire and ricochet hitting someone or something. I use my all the time while snowmobiling. I love mine, and will never get rid of it. I have the Galco shoulder holster, Sepra II, And also a fanny pack holster.

If you can adjust them to point down, I don't have a problem with them. In fact, since you told me yours was adjustable, I bought the same one off ebay yesterday for 115 bucks. Not a bad price! Optics Planet (an official Galco reseller) has a bunch listed with the "or best offer" option, so I bartered with them. I ordered it around 1pm yesterday, and they shipped it just a few hours later. They emailed me a tracking number, and when I checked it this morning I found that it's already on the local truck for delivery! How's that for fast? :D

Michigander

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Let me restate it using your logic...

Then a loaded gun should not be put into any holster on one's person because of the proximity of the muzzle to the body.
Absolutely. Which is why I both use and suggest a holster like my Safariland, which sticks out about an inch and a half, and is clearly designed to point out and away from the users leg.

For the most part I carry chamber empty, and my Sig is drop safe 2 different ways, but I still don't want a holster that points at me or anyone else.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
I agree with those that think its a bad idea... for the same reasons. Basically, I don't want a gun pointed at me, period,whether its unloaded, on a shelf by itself, or in a box with a fox.

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

Take my advice... I'm not using it.

DSC01703.jpg
if you really want to be that way, and make this a personal berrating... then you might want to note that in the picture, its pointing at the ground.
It's not a personal berating. You've got a gun pointed at your foot with every step you take.

You're the one that said you for one don't want a gun pointed at you. But there you are doing it.

It is a nice picture of you though.
most of the time it is out to the side but it does wobble around a lot... its not quite done. I'm actually trying to think of a different rig using a power drill holster...
For that very reason, and the fact that I can't really draw that thing anyways, I was carrying it chamber empty.

In any case though, I wouldn't want to point it at someone else. If I get shot by my own ignorance, fine its my own fault. If someone else gets shot for my ignorance, I couldn't live with it.

Michigander

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
I'm actually trying to think of a different rig using a power drill holster...
For that very reason, and the fact that I can't really draw that thing anyways,
We can easily cut up and rivet or bolt a tool pouch into the right shape, and I'd also think we might want to add in a wood block to act as a spacer to keep it pointed out and away from your leg, but still pretty much straight down at the ground.