Thread: This just came in the mail...

Post imported post

Really, you're going to start compiling their list for them? Great idea.

Anyone else get one of these?

Edit: No, the $50 is not going to be sent in with the completed form, it was just the closest thing to cover the name and address up with.

Post imported post

Well, if I ain't on The List yet, I would be after filling this out! Honest info collection or something more insidious?
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

I read about these on a different gun forum. No one could figure out if it is real or not, but general consensus was that it was not for a good purpose...

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    I read about these on a different gun forum. No one could figure out if it is real or not, but general consensus was that it was not for a good purpose...

I agree, especially since it was addressed to a "registered Democrat" who hasn't bought a gun in over 40 years.

Post imported post

I think the 1st section there explains its purpose.....just fishing for donations...$$$
    States dont have rights. People do.

Post imported post

My wife received a survey very similar to that. It was sent from the NRA-ILA and Chris Cox. Same purpose... to solicit contributions.

I, sadly, did not receive one and felt left out. Oh well... my wife placed the survey in the micro-cut shredder.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Edited: I can't see the picture here at work, but my guess at the mail being something from the NRA was incorrect. Oops. Pardon my previous post.

Post imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
    I think the 1st section there explains its purpose.....just fishing for donations...$$$
    Please do not destroy these survey/solicitation forms.

We need to send them back (they do come with a postage-paid response envelope, right?) explaining why we cannot support the Republican Party of Virginia - or at least the 7th District Committee.

See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/31805.htmlif you have forgotten so soon.

We need to let the national-level folks know what's happening down at the local level, on the chance that the national folks will become PO'd at the locals for causing them to lose donations and/or support.

However slim the chance, we need to be activists and do the righteous work.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) is the only political committee solely dedicated to electing Republicans to the U.S. Senate.

What We Do:
    The NRSC provides invaluable support and assistance to current and prospective Republican U.S. Senate candidates in the areas of budget planning, election law compliance, fundraising, communications tools and messaging, research and strategy.

Click here for information on the 2010 Senate races.

Funding:
    The NRSC relies heavily upon financial support from individual donors like you to fund our programs. Please consider making a contribution today.

History:
    The NRSC was founded in 1916, as the Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee, following the ratification of the 17th Amendment to the Constitution -- which provided for the direct election of Senators. In 1948, the Committee reorganized and was renamed the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

In accordance to law, the NRSC is registered as a National Party Committee with the Federal Election Commission.

Leadership:
    The Chairman of the NRSC is elected every two years by the Republican Senate caucus. Members of the caucus are appointed by the Senate Republican Conference Committee.

The current Chairman, Texas Senator John Cornyn, was elected at the end of 2008. Click here to view past NRSC chairmen.

Internships:
    The NRSC offers exciting and fast-paced internships in communications, research and fundraising. Click here for more information on interning at the NRSC.
    http://www.nrsc.org/

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    mrjam2jab wrote:

We need to send them back (they do come with a postage-paid response envelope, right?) explaining why we cannot support the Republican Party of Virginia - or at least the 7th District Committee.

See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/31805.htmlif you have forgotten so soon.

We need to let the national-level folks know what's happening down at the local level, on the chance that the national folks will become PO'd at the locals for causing them to lose donations and/or support.

stay safe.

skidmark

I am in no way, shape or form sending a "Gun Owner's Census" form with my address listed on it back to a Gov't entity, filled out, or not.

Post imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    mrjam2jab wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark

I am in no way, shape or form sending a "Gun Owner's Census" form with my address listed on it back to a Gov't entity, filled out, or not.
    No , I would at least fill it out and send it in. I WOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. I mean if they sent to you, they already have your address! And god forbide the leftist dems or the centerline republicans fill it out and help get those passed through the census we'd be screwed! Just a thought.

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    mrjam2jab wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    This was featured at Michelle Malkin's blog site:

Dear RNC: What part of “NO” don’t you understand?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

That's why the gods made black magic markers.

The Republican National Committee is not a government entity, BTW.

Make them pay the return postage, and get your message across in more than one way. Those who design instructional methods for adults have learned to get a message fully understood, you must present it "seven times in seven ways." Saying the same thing using different media and words helps reinforce the message.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Repeater wrote:
    This was featured at Michelle Malkin's blog site:

Dear RNC: What part of “NO” don’t you understand?

Um, just a question. Doesn't the Republican party get to determine who the RINOs are?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    Um, just a question. Doesn't the Republican party get to determine who the RINOs are?
    Of course, but the real question is "who is the party, the membership, or the 'leaders'?"

Post imported post

One of my childish pastimes is sending back everything that comes with a paid return envelope, including the envelope it was mailed in. I don't fill anything out, just stuff everything mailed to me in the return envelope. This usually results in a bulky package due to folding the original envelope. Costs the advertiser money. Probably gums up the post office machines.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
    One of my childish pastimes is sending back everything that comes with a paid return envelope, including the envelope it was mailed in. I don't fill anything out, just stuff everything mailed to me in the return envelope. This usually results in a bulky package due to folding the original envelope. Costs the advertiser money. Probably gums up the post office machines.
    Years ago, I did some corporate security for a major Richmond credit card company (guess which one) and we used to visit the mail room for laughs. Folks would take the pre-paid postage envelope, fill a box with bricks, and tape the envelope to the front of the box.

I laughed my a$$ most nights!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Years ago, I did some corporate security for a major Richmond credit card company (guess which one) and we used to visit the mail room for laughs. Folks would take the pre-paid postage envelope, fill a box with bricks, and tape the envelope to the front of the box.

I laughed my a$$ most nights!
    I likey dis idea. First though the return address (mine) would have to be cut off.
    Of course, I would never really do this.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    That's why the gods made black magic markers.

The Republican National Committee is not a government entity, BTW.

Make them pay the return postage, and get your message across in more than one way. Those who design instructional methods for adults have learned to get a message fully understood, you must present it "seven times in seven ways." Saying the same thing using different media and words helps reinforce the message.
    I used my brain, then changed my mind and filled it out and mailed it in, after I took my knife and cut out the address and all other numbers on the form.

I did take your advice on question #10, and Sharpie'd out everything after the fifth word and answered NO.

Post imported post

I figure if it was any of their business how many guns I have they'd already know

Post imported post

Maybe you should collect all your bad brass, and mail THAT back! Include their note AFTER you have used it as a target.

Think they might get the hint?
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

Funny, I just received one, but not from the same organization.

I answered the questions that would show my displeasure over the lack of a party that represents me and not the party establishment, and also stole your "RINO" message.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    Funny, I just received one, but not from the same organization.

I answered the questions that would show my displeasure over the lack of a party that represents me and not the party establishment, and also stole your "RINO" message.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Filled it out, modified #10 (marking out everything after the 1st 5), used the big black sharpie, selected "baseball cap with Task Force logo" (after all, who can have enough range targets?) and removed the top part containing my now unverified 'personal information' (wonder if these surveys are serialized?).

The only option I wish I could have exercised was using the survey form as a target for a few rounds, just to personalize it.

By the way, I think the last question is just making sure the respondent is sober!

(Edited: Oh, and this church-going, gun-wearing, hard-working American inserted "HELL" beside the "NO" for question #9.)

Post imported post

Sent in a similar one for the Republican Party.

I never sent money in except to individuals anyway. I normally just volunteer and show up OC'ing. If they tell me to leave, I tend not to vote for them.