• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This just came in the mail...

Wangmuf

imported post

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Really, you're going to start compiling their list for them? Great idea.

Anyone else get one of these?

Edit: No, the $50 is not going to be sent in with the completed form, it was just the closest thing to cover the name and address up with.

nova

imported post

I read about these on a different gun forum. No one could figure out if it is real or not, but general consensus was that it was not for a good purpose...

Wangmuf

imported post

nova wrote:
I read about these on a different gun forum. No one could figure out if it is real or not, but general consensus was that it was not for a good purpose...

I agree, especially since it was addressed to a "registered Democrat" who hasn't bought a gun in over 40 years.

NoVA York

imported post

My wife received a survey very similar to that. It was sent from the NRA-ILA and Chris Cox. Same purpose... to solicit contributions.

I, sadly, did not receive one and felt left out. Oh well... my wife placed the survey in the micro-cut shredder.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Edited: I can't see the picture here at work, but my guess at the mail being something from the NRA was incorrect. Oops. Pardon my previous post. :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
I think the 1st section there explains its purpose.....just fishing for donations...$$$

Please do not destroy these survey/solicitation forms.

We need to send them back (they do come with a postage-paid response envelope, right?) explaining why we cannot support the Republican Party of Virginia - or at least the 7th District Committee.

See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/31805.htmlif you have forgotten so soon.

We need to let the national-level folks know what's happening down at the local level, on the chance that the national folks will become PO'd at the locals for causing them to lose donations and/or support.

However slim the chance, we need to be activists and do the righteous work.

stay safe.

skidmark

Glock27Bill

imported post

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) is the only political committee solely dedicated to electing Republicans to the U.S. Senate.

What We Do:
The NRSC provides invaluable support and assistance to current and prospective Republican U.S. Senate candidates in the areas of budget planning, election law compliance, fundraising, communications tools and messaging, research and strategy.

Click here for information on the 2010 Senate races.

Funding:
The NRSC relies heavily upon financial support from individual donors like you to fund our programs. Please consider making a contribution today.

History:
The NRSC was founded in 1916, as the Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee, following the ratification of the 17th Amendment to the Constitution -- which provided for the direct election of Senators. In 1948, the Committee reorganized and was renamed the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

In accordance to law, the NRSC is registered as a National Party Committee with the Federal Election Commission.

Leadership:
The Chairman of the NRSC is elected every two years by the Republican Senate caucus. Members of the caucus are appointed by the Senate Republican Conference Committee.

The current Chairman, Texas Senator John Cornyn, was elected at the end of 2008. Click here to view past NRSC chairmen.

Internships:
The NRSC offers exciting and fast-paced internships in communications, research and fundraising. Click here for more information on interning at the NRSC.
http://www.nrsc.org/

Wangmuf

imported post

skidmark wrote:
mrjam2jab wrote:
I think the 1st section there explains its purpose.....just fishing for donations...$$$

We need to send them back (they do come with a postage-paid response envelope, right?) explaining why we cannot support the Republican Party of Virginia - or at least the 7th District Committee.

See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/31805.htmlif you have forgotten so soon.

We need to let the national-level folks know what's happening down at the local level, on the chance that the national folks will become PO'd at the locals for causing them to lose donations and/or support.

stay safe.

skidmark

I am in no way, shape or form sending a "Gun Owner's Census" form with my address listed on it back to a Gov't entity, filled out, or not.

Infidel

imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
skidmark wrote:
mrjam2jab wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark

I am in no way, shape or form sending a "Gun Owner's Census" form with my address listed on it back to a Gov't entity, filled out, or not.
No , I would at least fill it out and send it in. I WOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. I mean if they sent to you, they already have your address! And god forbide the leftist dems or the centerline republicans fill it out and help get those passed through the census we'd be screwed! Just a thought.

Repeater

imported post

skidmark wrote:
mrjam2jab wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
This was featured at Michelle Malkin's blog site:

Dear RNC: What part of “NO” don’t you understand?

rncno.jpg

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's why the gods made black magic markers.

The Republican National Committee is not a government entity, BTW.

Make them pay the return postage, and get your message across in more than one way. Those who design instructional methods for adults have learned to get a message fully understood, you must present it "seven times in seven ways." Saying the same thing using different media and words helps reinforce the message.

riverrat10k

imported post

One of my childish pastimes is sending back everything that comes with a paid return envelope, including the envelope it was mailed in. I don't fill anything out, just stuff everything mailed to me in the return envelope. This usually results in a bulky package due to folding the original envelope. Costs the advertiser money. Probably gums up the post office machines. :uhoh:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
One of my childish pastimes is sending back everything that comes with a paid return envelope, including the envelope it was mailed in. I don't fill anything out, just stuff everything mailed to me in the return envelope. This usually results in a bulky package due to folding the original envelope. Costs the advertiser money. Probably gums up the post office machines. :uhoh:

Years ago, I did some corporate security for a major Richmond credit card company (guess which one) and we used to visit the mail room for laughs. Folks would take the pre-paid postage envelope, fill a box with bricks, and tape the envelope to the front of the box.

I laughed my a$$ most nights!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Years ago, I did some corporate security for a major Richmond credit card company (guess which one) and we used to visit the mail room for laughs. Folks would take the pre-paid postage envelope, fill a box with bricks, and tape the envelope to the front of the box.

I laughed my a$$ most nights!
I likey dis idea. First though the return address (mine) would have to be cut off.
Of course, I would never really do this. :cool:

Yata hey

Wangmuf

imported post

Tess wrote:

That's why the gods made black magic markers.

The Republican National Committee is not a government entity, BTW.

Make them pay the return postage, and get your message across in more than one way. Those who design instructional methods for adults have learned to get a message fully understood, you must present it "seven times in seven ways." Saying the same thing using different media and words helps reinforce the message.

I used my brain, then changed my mind and filled it out and mailed it in, after I took my knife and cut out the address and all other numbers on the form.

I did take your advice on question #10, and Sharpie'd out everything after the fifth word and answered NO.