• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry

turbotype87

imported post

Hello, Iam new to the site and i have a question concrening [ Open Carry} in the state of Ct. I was informed when i first obtained my pistol permit here in Ct, that when i am carrying my firearm it must be concealed at all times. Now i was just informed by a member that this is false. That you can carry it in open sight? Why were we told it has to be concealed by those instructors who give the classes for a Ct pistol permit? And is it true that you can carry in open sight in the state of Ct? Does anyone know what the laws in CT are pertaining to open carry? Any help will be appreciated. thanks

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

First off, welcome aboard! You've come to a great place for carry information; specifically of the OC variety.

As for your question, I strongly suggest you visit the Connecticut forum to get the best possible answers to your questions.