17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder holster

0 0%
  • Waistband holster

17 100.00%

Thread: How do you carry?

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA

Post imported post

This was started in another thread. But i felt it probaly be better discussed it it was a poll.

EM87 wrote:

As we all know, it is bad form (and unsafe) to swipe a person with the muzzle of a gun. This has been taught to us time and time again. Rules we all know: every gun is always loaded; always point the gun in a safe direction; never point a gun at something you don't want to be destroyed (or something you don't want dead). The thing that I don't understand is why, even after being taught those rules, horizontal shoulder holsters (that point straight back) are acceptable. It's impossible to always know what your gun is pointing at. If you're around people at all, it is extremely likely that your gun will be pointed at someone at some point. I understand that it is extremely unlikely for a gun to discharge without some kind of external force, but aren't we supposed to err on the safe side?

Don't think I'm bashing shoulder holsters, because I'm about to buy one as soon as I have the money. I plan on adjusting it so it angles down at about 45 degrees though, so it's not pointing at people when I walk around.

Please discuss.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Gun shows

Gun shops

Whats the question again?

Post imported post

Here is another option besides conventional shoulder holsters... look closely because it is not a shirt....

http://www.activeprogear.com/234.html

They are comfy to wear too.

Oh... how do I carry?

OC... CC.. hip... shoulder.. pocket... ankle... belt buckle...

Any way I damn well please and in any combination I happen to decide.

Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Safariland 6280 on a Raine belt, placed just below my pants belt.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

OC (CC in winter) OWB Serpa Blackhawk level II retention

CC IWB Silent Thunder by Tucker Gunleather

Soon to be CC (maybe OC too) Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster (which I plan on angling down at about 45 degrees)

Edit to add:

I wish I could pick both on the poll, because I do more than just one. Plus, there are many more ways to carry than just shoulder holster and waist.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Crossbreed Supertuck clone (made by an MGO member for half the price).

Most comfortable holster I've ever worn.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Blackhawk Sepra Level 2 retention holster for my Glock 23. I have it on my waist, usually OC, but this is the first fall/winter carrying I will experience. With the cold weather approaching I have been CCing a little more often because my coat covers it. If I get warm in a store, then I remove my coat, but that has not happened too many times yet.

Post imported post

Blackhawk SERPA LVL II holster
    Blackhawk CQC belt (recent addition, LOVE IT!)
    Springfield 1911A1 GI

I might pick up a vintage airmen's/tankcrew leather shoulder holster to exercise my newfound concealed carry ability this winter/spring, as I'm submitting the paperwork on Nov.7th when I turn 21. MiCPL class was a blast!

-Richard-

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    OC (CC in winter) OWB Serpa Blackhawk level II retention
    +1