• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you carry?

How do you carry you sidearm

• Shoulder holster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waistband holster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

390JOE

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA
imported post

This was started in another thread. But i felt it probaly be better discussed it it was a poll.

EM87 wrote:

As we all know, it is bad form (and unsafe) to swipe a person with the muzzle of a gun. This has been taught to us time and time again. Rules we all know: every gun is always loaded; always point the gun in a safe direction; never point a gun at something you don't want to be destroyed (or something you don't want dead). The thing that I don't understand is why, even after being taught those rules, horizontal shoulder holsters (that point straight back) are acceptable. It's impossible to always know what your gun is pointing at. If you're around people at all, it is extremely likely that your gun will be pointed at someone at some point. I understand that it is extremely unlikely for a gun to discharge without some kind of external force, but aren't we supposed to err on the safe side?

Don't think I'm bashing shoulder holsters, because I'm about to buy one as soon as I have the money. I plan on adjusting it so it angles down at about 45 degrees though, so it's not pointing at people when I walk around.

Please discuss.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Here is another option besides conventional shoulder holsters... look closely because it is not a shirt....

http://www.activeprogear.com/234.html

They are comfy to wear too.

Oh... how do I carry?

OC... CC.. hip... shoulder.. pocket... ankle... belt buckle...

Any way I damn well please and in any combination I happen to decide.

EM87

imported post

OC (CC in winter) OWB Serpa Blackhawk level II retention

CC IWB Silent Thunder by Tucker Gunleather

Soon to be CC (maybe OC too) Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster (which I plan on angling down at about 45 degrees)

Edit to add:

I wish I could pick both on the poll, because I do more than just one. Plus, there are many more ways to carry than just shoulder holster and waist.

T Vance

imported post

Blackhawk Sepra Level 2 retention holster for my Glock 23. I have it on my waist, usually OC, but this is the first fall/winter carrying I will experience. With the cold weather approaching I have been CCing a little more often because my coat covers it. If I get warm in a store, then I remove my coat, but that has not happened too many times yet.

office888

imported post

Blackhawk SERPA LVL II holster
Blackhawk CQC belt (recent addition, LOVE IT!)
Springfield 1911A1 GI

I might pick up a vintage airmen's/tankcrew leather shoulder holster to exercise my newfound concealed carry ability this winter/spring, as I'm submitting the paperwork on Nov.7th when I turn 21. MiCPL class was a blast!

-Richard-