• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Appeal to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners

GoldCoaster

imported post

Looks good! I wonder if it would help or hurt your case to CC the issuing authority that has thus far delayed your application (or rather denied your due process) as well.

vic

imported post

If Waterbury P.D. breaking the law because they saywe have to wait 14 weeks to the temporary pistol permit went the law is 8 week what we can do. :banghead:

Lon

imported post

Statkowski wrote:

I think what he means is:

Is Waterbury P.D. breaking the law because they say we have to wait 14 weeks for the temporary pistol permit when the law is 8 weeks.

What we can do?

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

File a Writ of Mandamus with the court forcing them to comply with the law.

From an on-line dictionary:

Noun
writ of mandamus - an extraordinary writ commanding an official to perform a ministerial act that the law recognizes as an absolute duty and not a matter for the official's discretion; used only when all other judicial remedies fail
mandamus
judicial writ, writ - (law) a legal document issued by a court or judicial officer

law, jurisprudence - the collection of rules imposed by authority; "civilization presupposes respect for the law"; "the great problem for jurisprudence to allow freedom while enforcing order"

nviper

imported post

vic wrote:
after 9 long weeks today I receive my temporary pistol permit :celebrate

if i were you i would obtain the permit and then look into filing a grievance of some sort to the board of firearms examiners